Custom LED 2 front 2 back HELP! 😕

TheGuywWthTheLight

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guy's

Any one that can help me...?

I want to put 2 simple white led front and connect them with 2 simple red ones back and then to a switch to turn them on/off. It's for my mothers walking balance for wheel walker. I don't know what's it called in English.

However any one that might already have a solution?

The LEDs don't need to have many lumens there are just meant so my mom will be seen using her "vehicle".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

nbp

Flashaholic
Moving this to Homemade and Modified - you might get better help from modders there than in Autos. :)

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, if you are talking about one of these things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_(mobility) then we just call it a 'walker'.

If it's something else, please give us some more info.

Next, is this for use indoors or outdoors? Daytime, or night? Is this for motorists to see her from 50m away and avoid hitting her, or something else?

How good will your mom be at keeping batteries charged? Or turning it off when done using it?

The only off-the-shelf solution I've seen is in the link below. It looks pretty cool, but given that it appears to be powered by one AAA cell, I wonder if it would be bright enough. How good are you at DIY?

https://justwalkers.com/see-4-safety-mobility-light.html

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I understand it, some elderly need a point of reference when moving, to help with balance. A small light is often used for this. Is this what you are looking for Guy?

If so, it doesn't need to be bright, just noticeable by the user.

nbp

Flashaholic
There are many small white and red snap on lights designed for bicycles as well. They would probably fit nicely on the aluminum walker tubes. They would need to be turned on individually vs. with a master switch but that might be simpler than a wired system if you want a basic plug-and-play option.