Underwater Kinetics UKE 2L

konifans

Enlightened
Very small 2x CR123A underwater flashlight.
About 30 lumens, 4 to 5 hours run time.
I like this little light more than the G2.

uc

uc

UKE 2L vs Surefire 6P

Last edited:

dennck

Newly Enlightened
This is definitely a nice little flashlight. Great for standby thanks to CR-123A. I use the 4AA version with NiMH cells all the time which is using the same lamp module as this 2L.

rrego

Enlightened
Nice light, thanks for posting. I just picked up the 4AA model on the bay (looked for the L2, but could not find it on there :^)

Should be good for "middle of the night baby duties"

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
konifans, that is a seriously nice collection of UKE 2L lights. Even better are all of the spare lamp assemblies. I like the waterproof 2L, and had several of them. I kept two in my car...until thieves broke in and took the two 2L lights, leaving behind two more expensive multi-tools. I replaced the lights in the car, and years later they "disappeared" as well, when my car was stolen. Sigh. I have only one or two 2L lights left. AFAIK, the 2L was discontinued years ago, so the Marketplace and/or ebaY are probably the only places you might be able to find these great lights.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks for this blast from the past konifans.

Some research showed that these were once a popular light around this forum.
A good idea is still a good idea no matter when it was concieved.

konifans

Enlightened
I got these in a local hardware store in Hong Kong, very cheap though. Actually it is very rare even in Ebay, especially for the bulbs.