Replacement bezels?

snurblet

Newly Enlightened
Are there any sources for "generic" replacement parts like bezels? Obviously there are a million different kinds, but I'm wondering if there's enough of a tendency for companies to stick with standard thread sizes and diameters for some kind of aftermarket to be supported. I know there's plenty of stuff for Surefire.

This is a general question, but it came up because I bought an Olight M20SX thinking it could be carried without the strike bezel, but the bezel holds in the guts of the head. My bench grinder skills may be a little rusty.

kalel332

Newly Enlightened
Are there any sources for "generic" replacement parts like bezels? Obviously there are a million different kinds, but I'm wondering if there's enough of a tendency for companies to stick with standard thread sizes and diameters for some kind of aftermarket to be supported. I know there's plenty of stuff for Surefire.

This is a general question, but it came up because I bought an Olight M20SX thinking it could be carried without the strike bezel, but the bezel holds in the guts of the head. My bench grinder skills may be a little rusty.
I have been trying to get one for my Klarus xt11s but I haven't find any.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried contacting Olight? If they have a non-strike version they may sell it to you as a spare part. Otherwise, you could ask for the specs for the threads and size and find someone else to supply/make one. A good machinist could probably take the measurements from your current light and turn one out for you.

snurblet

Newly Enlightened
I haven't yet, but I'll post in the Olight forum.

I had a machinist at work look at it, but given the kind of work we do, I'm not sure how "finessed" the result would be. :)