USB rechargeable 1x18650 for work.

mcnabb100

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I work at an auto parts store and frequently need a light. My little 4sevens is less than ideal.

I would like it to be USB recharable, with a forward clicky tail cap switch. One with a side mode button would be preferred. It doesn't need to be extremely bright, I am more concerned about having a nice floody beam with long run times on medium and low settings. Size isnt a big issue, I can always use a belt holster. Durability is a plus, as drops are likely.

I'd like to keep it under $100.

There are so many new LED choices now!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello! I work at an auto parts store and frequently need a light. My little 4sevens is less than ideal.

I would like it to be USB recharable, with a forward clicky tail cap switch. One with a side mode button would be preferred. It doesn't need to be extremely bright, I am more concerned about having a nice floody beam with long run times on medium and low settings. Size isnt a big issue, I can always use a belt holster. Durability is a plus, as drops are likely.

I'd like to keep it under $100.

There are so many new LED choices now!

How long are you using the light, per day on your medium and low settings, in minutes?

If you're looking at shelving in your auto parts store, why do you need a forward clicky, with presumably 'momentary' on...just because?

If you're not using it for hours on low/medium, do you really need a USB charging light?

Zebralights are floody, but run on an 18650. They have only a side switch, but have a pretty good U.I., so you have your moonlight, low-low, low, medium-medium, medium, high and turbo blaster.

With a good quality 18650, like the suggested Sanyo-Panasonic NCR18650GA 3500mAh/10A cell, you're pretty much golden unless you get stuck in a cave.

In December, I bought an Emisar D4 219C and it's a quad emitter, so it's very floody, but it's basically canned sunshine. Only a side switch, but it'll run long on low/medium and it's got ramping, so you just pick what you want, turn the light off and it'll pop on back to that output level.

It's a hot rod, but it spreads the light out in a wide pattern.

$47.40 shipped with a pocket clip and 18350 extra body from International-Outdoors (Hank of Noctigon fame).

For less than $100, just get a decent Zebralight 18650 based light, get two of Sanyo-Panasonic NCR-GAs and forego the USB charging and forward clicky.

Chris

mcnabb100

Newly Enlightened
We do free installs on blades, batteries, and bulbs, so the light will be used while working on vehicles. We get a lot more people coming in after dark for bulbs, just like we get more people coming for blades when its raining lol.

Depending on the vehicle, a battery can take up to 45 minutes (thanks Chevrolet). A busy day could be 120 minutes of light on time. I'd like to be able to go a week without needing to recharge. USB just for convenience.

I just like forward clicky switches.

I actually decided to order a nitecore mh12gt. Its on the throwy side, but after checking out beamshots I decided it would be fine.