How common is a purple 2C incan Maglite?

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Anyone have one?

I saw it for sale and sprung for it because I like the 2C size and because I never see that configuration in purple, although I don't expect that any of the "newer" Mags are truly "rare".

It's a little banged up, but was a good price. Not sure yet if it is of the "patented in USA" generation or not. Will know in a few days. I'm anxious to get it. Good one to hot-rod.

JT

9HMqjJM.jpg
[/IMG]

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nice!!

Now a 75mm gas pipe pvc sleeve, a pair of solar lamp 18500's (both from Home Depot) and a 4 or 5 cell bulb will turn that sucker to a 6 cell bright number (125-150 lumens) while being a completely reversable modification.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Now a 75mm gas pipe pvc sleeve, a pair of solar lamp 18500's (both from Home Depot) and a 4 or 5 cell bulb will turn that sucker to a 6 cell bright number (125-150 lumens) while being a completely reversable modification.

Yes, I want to do something like this to a couple of my C lights. I'd like to do a nice bright incan, and maybe a high powered LED. I kinda like the 18650 cells, and have some of them, but I'll use whatever works out best. I'm sure I'll be asking you guys for advice when the time comes.

UV dropin ... had to think about that one for a half minute :huh:. haha

JT

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 of them from a retired police officer. I didn't ask why purple. I'm not judging. One is pale because he left it on the rear deck of his patrol car for years and the color faded.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are kind of like the silver and grey 4Ds. They were discontinued a few years back but they made a bunch of them so they can still be found for sale. In fact the only color Mag makes it it's regular Incan Cs is now black. I imagine 10 years or so down the road people will be looking for them.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys. The purple 2c got here early. Turned out great.

Turns out most of the splotches that I thought were finish damage in the pics are just sticky stuff. Gonna clean up nice.

Edit: It actually crosses two sections on your chart, Liftd. It has "patented made in usa", consistent with '96 - '02, but has the oring on the barrel and lettered serial number, consistent with '03 - '09.

JT

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, just wondering did you even pin that down? Factories are goofy about that stuff. Could put it anywhere from 2001-2005 from what you describe.