I dropped my light

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
I normally do not drop anything, but I managed to drop my Solarforce L2. It was raining and I just looked outside at the Jojo tank. when I pulled back my arm through the burglar proof door, the light was out of my hand. It died instantly. It did fell on a hard surface, but the surface had at least 1 cm of water covering it. It did not fell far, I am amazed it died so easily.After further investigation, the light was okay, it was the drop-in that died Are certain drop-ins drop proof? As I live in South Africa, I cannot walk into a store and buy a new drop-in, so I would like to get a bit better stuff this time around.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Solarforce hosts are just fine IMHO but have heard other reports that the drop-in are not really that durable. I keep a MT electronics in one Solarforce host and a Malkoff in the other. Not sure if the MT is more drop resistant than the Solarforce (if that's the drop-in you had). I bet the Malkoff is.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's lots of good quality drop ins on the market, certainly better than Solarforce ones. But we all start off on those.
I guess the problem is getting hold of them for you.
Malkoff, Nailbender, PflexPro, Eagtac and others.
Maybe watch the WTS section or Ebay?
Sorry not to be of more help.
Let us know what you fancy, maybe someone will have one and be happy to send it over.
Don't give up on it.
P

Edit: Have a look at Illumn.com their shipping charges are normally not too much and they're ver helpful.
P

Last edited:

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Hi guys. Thank you for the suggestion to get better flashlights. But, being a member here for so many years, do you really think it is possible for anyone to own only one flashlight:nana: Lol.

No I do own Sunwayman, LED Lencer, Fenix and a few others. But I do like the L2, simply because you can replace any part on it, including the drop-in. Since it is my cheapest flashlight, it does duty on the nightstand and gets used daily.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about talking to Vinh? He has made drop ins in the past and also he ships overseas.
I'm into triples at the mo, or are you wanting more throw?
P

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
How about talking to Vinh? He has made drop ins in the past and also he ships overseas.
I'm into triples at the mo, or are you wanting more throw?
P

I had a 3-mode (low, medium, hi) 800? lumen XML. If I can get the same, I'll be happy. I will take one with more modes and more lumens as well, but I do not want strobe modes.