Is aliexpress any good as a vendor?

Karel

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking of buying 10W Red, Green, and Blue LEDs as replacements for the 3W white Cree ZL LED in a number of fixtures.

I found this - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-P...eutral-White-Warm-White-High/32407343328.html

Is aliexpress a decent vendor? Or should I go elsewhere?

This worries me: "Pls Note:XML2 Cold White/Neutral White/Warm White is Original CREE LED. Red/Green/Blue/Lake Blue/Pink/UV/Golden Yellow 20000K is EPILEDS.(cree no produce these colors)"

What are EPILEDS? Are they any good?

Cheers! :thumbsup:

FPV

Newly Enlightened
I have been buying on aliexpress for about 2 1/2 years now, their buyer protection program is good but I have only had to use it twice for more than 200 orders. My goods take about 2-3 weeks to Europe or the US, rarely longer.
EPILEDs is a manufacturer or brand, I have a few and they work as advertised.

niraya

Newly Enlightened
I bought many tools in AE, never had any problem. Shipping was always free and about 3-4 weeks to Europe.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered off there probably 5 times. Never an issue if you don't mind waiting on shipping. As for the LED I have no comment on them as I've never used them.

Karel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks folks. I'll order a couple as tests and see how they work before ordering more. Fortunately the final assembly doesn't have to be up till November, which gives me plenty of time to get this right. :thumbsup:

A quick question: 2 10W LEDs - can I run them off one 20W driver? Is that a constant current driver?

Cheers! :)

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
All depends on the seller, I have bought from AE for over 10 years, and the only order that went missing was my first one, My fastest was 9 day`s most around 30 day`s, My last took 70 day`s was about to make a claim.

The seller does not get paid till you have received the goods and you are happy, I have had a couple of refunds for faulty items and it was fast and easy.

So i give AE the thumbs-up

John

FPV

Newly Enlightened
A quick question: 2 10W LEDs - can I run them off one 20W driver? Is that a constant current driver?

Depends on the overall situation, but generally: yes, should work. I have several 10W COB LEDs in parallel on 1 driver, they have been running for 1.5+ years without issues. Current control and the correct cooling/ventilation is key with LEDs (my COBs are on a nice aluminum slab).

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
As already TinderBox mentionedit depends on the seller, made good and bad experience there. But overall it is safe to order there as there is the buyer protection program.