Noob question: Can I build a flashlight driver?

R.D

Banned
Yes, I know, I'm a noob. I need a specific driver 23.5mm in diameter, with 2 switches, 1× 18650 input and [email protected] or [email protected] output, along with ALOT of modes and mode groups, and I haven't been able to find any driver that matches those exact specifications so I would like to know if I can build one.

nbp

Flashaholic
Are you for real or what, dude? Why don't you get your feet wet with a project that has been done before here with some off the shelf components before you get into microprocessor programming. 48 hours ago you didn't know what a driver even was and now you want to get into PCB design? Read, study, post in existing threads on projects that look similar to what you're interested in, and for heaven's sake stop spamming the board with myriad threads. One build thread with all your questions based on your research is sufficient. Then people might actually be able to help you!

Rifter

Enlightened
Of course you can. I would recommend you get a good functional driver going on a breadboard before anything else and then try and scale it onto a PCB with design software such as eagle or equivalent. Then send it off to OSH park or equivalent PCB maker and get the PCB's. Then reflow components onto PCB. Its not really rocket science but if you dont have a very good electronics background this may be over your head.