Rechargeable small EDC

viper_berus

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I haven't bought a new flashlight for two years and it's time to change it, so please help me find something nice :)
I'm looking for relatively small EDC light, no bigger than typical single CR123A powered flashlight (smaller is better- it will be carried in my backpack) with option to charge battery with normal micro-USB or USB-C charger. Flashlight has to have at least 3 modes- low for small tasks in the night like finding something in the bag, reading, etc, medium for late dog walking in dark places and powerful high with 35m+ range, so I can see in the farthest part of my garden from bedroom window. Has to be quite durable, mine old Solarforce after 3 years of use looks like beaten with a hammer. I don't care much about runtime on single charge and overheating, it will be used on high mainly for short periods. Every switch is good for me if it's not a twist head. I also like warm white LEDs, if it's not possible neutral is ok, but I really hate blue or green light.
Budget is about 50$. I'd prefer something from China, because I'm living in Europe and local prices of western flashlights are often much higher than in USA.
Thanks in advance!

Johnnyh

Enlightened
You might want to look at MecArmy PT16...the USB connector is not exposed during use...but you have to remove the head to recharge...just one idea. Fairly neutral tint.

viper_berus

Newly Enlightened
Which is more important to you ?

This ...

... or this ? ...

The reason I ask, is because USB connectors are not especially prone to durability :whistle:
I think USB is more important because I don't want to carry additional batteries or a charger and 16340 capacity isn't the highest.

You might want to look at MecArmy PT16...the USB connector is not exposed during use...but you have to remove the head to recharge...just one idea. Fairly neutral tint.
This looks really nice, only thing I don't like is quite big head diameter.

How about something like the Nitecore TIP?
Nitecore TiNi was my first candidate, but I have handled in local shop and a didn't like it in hand, I strongly prefer tube-shaped lights.

I'm also considering Olight S1 Mini, which is great for me in every aspect, expect of LED tint. On photos HCRI looks greenish and cool white is just very cool, are they really that bad and which is better in your opinion?

viper_berus

Newly Enlightened
Which is more important to you ?

This ...

... or this ? ...

The reason I ask, is because USB connectors are not especially prone to durability
I think USB is more important because I don't want to carry additional batteries or a charger and 16340 capacity isn't the highest.

This looks really nice, only thing I don't like is quite big head diameter.

How about something like the Nitecore TIP?
Nitecore TiNi was my first candidate, but I have handled in local shop and a didn't like it in hand, I strongly prefer tube-shaped lights.

I'm also considering Olight S1 Mini, which is great for me in every aspect, expect of LED tint. On photos HCRI looks greenish and cool white is just very cool, are they really that bad and which is better in your opinion?