Surefire M600a Upgrade Questions

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Hi all,

It's been a long, long, loooonnngggg, time since I've posted here. Like 2004 long. Anyway, coming back to the best board for information on an old SF M600a Scout Light I'm trying to put back into service. What are my options for upgrading this thing to modern output levels? I do have a SF e-series to p-series adapter so I can run P60 drop ins. However, I want to keep running 2xcr123s in it since my weapon lights mostly sit around and I'm concerned about self-discharge. Everyone seems to be running rechargeables now, I can't find much for the old school cr123s. I'd like to keep the upgrade under $50 since I can buy a brand new Streamlight Rail Mount HL-X for about $100.

As an aside, I did take the head off my G2X but naturally it won't fit on the p-series adapter. That would have been a cool upgrade. Thanks, SF.

Any ideas, or should I just junk it? Thanks!

archimedes

Flashaholic
The SF M600A is E-series compatible, I believe, so lots of options .... Might start looking with Malkoff Devices and/or Oveready TorchLAB

EDIT - Sorry, just noticed your listed budget :(

Still, some cheaper E-series options out there ... but saving some money may or may not make sense, depending on the specifics

Last edited: