UltraFire UF60: A tank among the flashlights

MarkusFlash

Newly Enlightened
I am in search for very robust lights that can endure everything I throw at them. The UltraFire UF60 is built like a tank and has many outstanding features in this regard. However, it comes with some downsides on the internal side of things: Driver, UI and LED tint are not very pleasing. No constant current, no undervoltage protection. Despite these complicating factors the light comes at a good price and might be just the right one for "special needs" regarding very hard outdoor use. Here is my video review:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, that looks like a neat host!
There's a somewhat dizzying array of drivers and available UI for them at Mountain Electronics, something like the "Moonlight Special" or even Toykeeper's clicky ramping UI might be a good fit for that one.
Right now my favorite LED offered there is the 3000 Kelvin XPG3 R2 90+ CRI, pretty close to incandescent, maybe a little on the hot running side for the pill design, or maybe coating the pill threads with arctic silver would do the trick.

Last edited:

MarkusFlash

Newly Enlightened
I plan to gut a warm white Sofirn [FONT=&quot]SF36W and put the electronics inside the Ultrafire UF60. I might do a video on it. If you have an idea and a source for the parts please post it here! [/FONT]