AAA with magnets ?

tjb

Newly Enlightened
Looking for an edc! There are tons of great little lights out there. Scads of them! I know, because I've done a lot of looking! So I figure I ought the be able to find one with the very narrow picky features I'm wishing for. Can you help?

I want it to be small. Like single AAA small.

I want tritium capsules.

I want magnets.

That's really it. Everything else is optional.

You guys seem the best resource, the folks who'd know. Long time lurker, just registered in order to ask!

Thank you!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: Very specific features

Hello and welcome to CPF

Your post above has been approved, but thread was moved to the Recommend subforum

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are very few lights offered these days with trits, except for some specialty makers.

The Lumintop Tool in aluminum can be ordered with a magnetic tailcap instead of with a tail cap switch. The magnetic tail cap can also be ordered by itself if one already has a Tool of any material, but it is only available in anodized black, so it might not go well with the Copper, Brass, or Titanium Tools. If the magnetic tail cap is used, then the light is turned into a twisty.

tjb

Newly Enlightened
Yeah if I had to sacrifice a feature it'd be the trits. I like the looks of the Tool. Didn't know about the optional tailcap. Not a huge fan of twisties but beggars and choosers. Anyone else?

Wish Foursevens still made the AAA Atom.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah if I had to sacrifice a feature it'd be the trits. I like the looks of the Tool. Didn't know about the optional tailcap. Not a huge fan of twisties but beggars and choosers. Anyone else?

Wish Foursevens still made the AAA Atom.
I'm not a big fan of twisties either, but at least the Tool starts at Medium, then Low, then High. That way most of the time it is just a twist on once for enough light to do the job.

tjb

Newly Enlightened
Good point. That's a great feature most manufacturers don't think about.

cyclesport

Enlightened
No trits, but the Manker E02 is a 1 X AAA, 90degree light w/electronic switch, tail magnet, that starts in moonlight-medium-high, then back to medium- and low (nice UI). Also avail with the newest Nichia 219c = great tint. Around $20 most places. It was just recently released in titainum for approx $40 if that's of interest as well.