DIY Weatherproof 515Wh Lithium 18650 Solar Power Generator

DaMeatMan

Newly Enlightened
Hey folks,

I just wanted to share a project that i recently completed that i feel you folks may find interesting. How many of you guy's have ever been out camping for a couple of day's, and just wished you had a portable power pack that was powerful enough to run all your gadgets's for a full day on the water, trolling motor, etc.. but still compact and lite weight enough and portable so you can easily carry back to base camp to power your on shore doodads and doohickies..

Well i don't know about you, but I've come across that thought many times and while looking around for something i can buy that will fill that role, i quickly realized that buying something in the market was going to cost me $1000+ for a device that is either not weather proof enough, not lite weight or compact enough, or didn't have all the features i wanted, and that just didn't cut it for me... which is why i designed and built a 515 watt hour portable solar power generator that is weatherproof, compact and lite weight at only 7.8 pounds, and packs more functionality than most devices found on the market today, and only cost me about $300 to build!

Hope you guy's enjoy! Full parts list of this build is also available in the YouTube video description:

Last edited:

eart

Newly Enlightened
Hey folks,

I just wanted to share a project that i recently completed that i feel you folks may find interesting. How many of you guy's have ever been out camping for a couple of day's, and just wished you had a portable power pack that was powerful enough to run all your gadgets's for a full day on the water, trolling motor, etc.. but still compact and lite weight enough and portable so you can easily carry back to base camp to power your on shore doodads and doohickies..

Well i don't know about you, but I've come across that thought many times and while looking around for something i can buy that will fill that role, i quickly realized that buying something in the market was going to cost me $1000+ for a device that is either not weather proof enough, not lite weight or compact enough, or didn't have all the features i wanted, and that just didn't cut it for me... which is why i designed and built a 515 watt hour portable solar power generator that is weatherproof, compact and lite weight at only 7.8 pounds, and packs more functionality than most devices found on the market today, and only cost me about $300 to build!

Hope you guy's enjoy! Full parts list of this build is also available in the YouTube video description:

That's funny, I found your video on youtube months ago and it inspired me to build my own! Are you still using your current build?