Suggestions for EDC 18650 high output please

TikkaSikka

Newly Enlightened
Former member "Looman" but not been on for a while so guess account has been cleaned.
I have a variety of lights for all sorts of use but on this occassion I am seeking an EDC pocket rocket.
Currently I am using a Zebralight SCS at 100 or 1200 lumens or similar. I cant recall to be honest.
I am looking for a high output light that also has a bit of throw. It doesnt have to be as small as the Zebra but nor do I want it to be too pocket cramming either.
Normally I do my homework but I am very out of touch with current kit so looking for a bit of a speedy direction.
I use 18650 protected by choice but I am open to IMR cells if it needs to handle the high drain of a lumen burner.
5his is used in the field so a simpler user inte4face is a preferance. I am ok with the more complex DUI but I often let others use my gear so a degree of idiot proof user friendliness would be good.
Thank you in advance for your recommendations....
TikkaSikka

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: recomendation please

Hello and welcome (back)

Your post above has been approved, but thread was moved to the Recommend subforum

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
Maybe an SC600 MKIV Plus? To be honest, I don't actually have one but since you already have a ZL you're happy with it sounds like it might fit the bill.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
Maybe an SC600 MKIV Plus? To be honest, I don't actually have one but since you already have a ZL you're happy with it sounds like it might fit the bill.

I should also mention that most modern small form factor high output lights have built in over discharge protection and actually require unprotected high discharge cells. I personally use the Sony VTC6 cells.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore P12 would be an ideal light for you. Single 18650 or two CR123/18350 cells, 900+ lumens, 200+ meter throw. One inch in diameter and five and a half inches long. I think that qualifies as a 'pocket rocket'. Now, if you were interested in using a single 18350 or 14500 cell, the EC11/EA11 pair would also work very well. Obviously a shorter run time, but very compact in the pocket on on a belt. The EA11 has the advantage of being able to use a regular AA cell as well, of course with greatly reduced output, but it does give you a fall back power source.

TikkaSikka

Newly Enlightened
The Nitecore P12 would be an ideal light for you. Single 18650 or two CR123/18350 cells, 900+ lumens, 200+ meter throw. One inch in diameter and five and a half inches long. I think that qualifies as a 'pocket rocket'. Now, if you were interested in using a single 18350 or 14500 cell, the EC11/EA11 pair would also work very well. Obviously a shorter run time, but very compact in the pocket on on a belt. The EA11 has the advantage of being able to use a regular AA cell as well, of course with greatly reduced output, but it does give you a fall back power source.

I have the P12 already. The Zebra would be my go to of those two units.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll go with Ven on this one, having just bought an Emisar D4 quad 219C. The D1 and D1S are fairly inexpensive and for single LED lights you're getting more throw and you're not risking a lot of cash at about $40 shipped from International-Outdoors (Noctigon fame).

With the D4, I don't know if I'd pull the trigger on the D1/D1S, but they are intriguing. Get a Sony VTC-5A cell, or two and you're looking pretty good.

If you want a true 'wall of light' and can live with 20-30 yards (60'-90'/18m-28m), the D4 would be worth looking into.

I have a ZL SC-600 and the newer models are nice, as well, but about twice the price.

Chris