2012 Chevy Cruze 9008 bulb choices

901-Memphis

Enlightened
I just got a new to me 2012 Chevy Cruze. It has automatic headlights that run during the day. I am thinking the bulbs have lost some of their lumens at this age. It has halogen reflectors. What would be the best upgrade for the headlight bulb, it's a 9008/H13 from what I can tell.

I saw an older thread recommending Phillips xtreme power. What are the current popular options? It looks like the Xtreme power have a blue band around the part with the filament like Silverstars?

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a new to me 2012 Chevy Cruze. It has automatic headlights that run during the day. I am thinking the bulbs have lost some of their lumens at this age. It has halogen reflectors. What would be the best upgrade for the headlight bulb, it's a 9008/H13 from what I can tell.
9008 was a number pulled out of the air by someone, probably at Ford. The correct designation is H13.

I saw an older thread recommending Phillips xtreme power. What are the current popular options? It looks like the Xtreme power have a blue band around the part with the filament like Silverstars?
Get these and avoid the SilverStars.

haha1234

Newly Enlightened
The European-market Cruze seems to use H4 headlights. You could always buy a set of the European H4 Cruze buckets from ebay.de (search for "cruze scheinwerfer rechts" and "cruze scheinwerfer links") or also from ebay.es (Spain, search for "cruze faro [derecho/izquierdo]") or ebay.fr (France, search for "cruze phare [droit/gauche]" ) or ebay.it (Italy) if you know any of those languages

DO NOT buy from the British ebay.co.uk since they use opposite-handed headlights (you probably know this, but in case someone who doesn't know this comes across this post somehow, they can be informed)

The Xtreme Power has been replaced by the Xtreme Vision which Alaric linked in his post

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The H4 headlamps would be a large step down in low-beam performance. They put much less light on the road and give shorter seeing distance.

Alaric's bulb advice is solid; these are the best H13 ("9008") bulbs.