• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Jeers to David Chow - 4Sevens - he took my money and my flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zot

Enlightened
It is a sad day that I have to post this. I have been a member here for a while and remember when David first opened his 4Sevens web site. I purchased many lights since then and I still enjoy them. Unfortunately, my last transaction with 4Sevens was a bad one and this post is my last resort attempt to resolve this.

David took my money and my light and left me without either.

I purchase a light from 4Sevens website in October. When I got it it did not work as expected. I emailed 4Sevens, they agreed to replace my light and gave me a RMA number. I received an email reply from 4Sevens in December that they received my light and that RMAs were processed in the order they were received.

I never heard from 4Sevens again.

I called and emailed 4Sevens web site several times. When I called I never got a person on the phone, but I left messages. Then I heard that 4Sevens was closing. I tried to contact David here but his mailbox was full.

David, if you read this, I hope you will fix this.

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never heard from 4Sevens again.

I called and emailed 4Sevens web site several times.

I left messages.

I tried to contact David here but his mailbox was full.

Sometimes things slip through the cracks and get missed. I'm sure David or Jason will make it right.

Yes, sometimes things fall through the cracks. But in this case, it is more than things.

The OP has gone above and beyond [what is considered reasonable] in an attempt to resolve this.

There are always two sides, but it's looking like he has indeed been ripped off.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Transitions are hard. I dealt with a major one in 2016 as my business unit was sold to another company. This was a multibillion dollar deal and it went over ... less than gracefully. I hope you get resolution from Prometheus.

jimbo231

Enlightened
I don't believe this is intentional........it sucks you have to do this but I believe it will get resolved...I think it's due to the owners switching ect

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, sometimes things fall through the cracks. But in this case, it is more than things.

The OP has gone above and beyond [what is considered reasonable] in an attempt to resolve this.

There are always two sides, but it's looking like he has indeed been ripped off.

Ripped off is the wrong word. It's not like THE (former) OWNER OF FOURSEVENS has the need to steal your light.

Yes it probably slipped through the cracks and was inadvertent. If David makes it right or not will be telling of his character, now there are basically no repercussions if he does not.

nbp

Flashaholic
Have you been in contact with the new owner yet ?

Zot, have you done this yet? Jason Hui and David Chow have been working together for a while to transition ownership and assets and Jason is now handling repairs/replacements.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Have you been in contact with the new owner yet ?

Zot, have you done this yet? Jason Hui and David Chow have been working together for a while to transition ownership and assets and Jason is now handling repairs/replacements.

Although it has not yet been 24 hours since this thread was posted, OP has made strong statements here and the above information is quite relevant.

It would be good for @Zot to update this thread at the earliest, and I would rather other members refrain from further speculation until this is better clarified.

Thank you all in advance.

Zot

Enlightened
I sent an email to [email protected] and got an automated reply.
"We've received your request and will get back to you as soon as we can!"
Let's see what happens next.

Can anyone tell me the CPF usernames of Trevor (TJ) or Jason Hui ?

Zot

Enlightened
I just sent Jason a PM here.

Last edited:

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just reading the information on the web site, my understanding is:

The "brand and some of the modern flashlight designs" were purchased, not the company, assets, older designs, or liabilities.

The original "company" is "closed", usually meaning that it's liabilities are essentially wiped out, or very difficult to collect from.

I am not an attorney but have dealt with some business closings as both customer and supplier. My perception is that no one actually owes you anything legally, so your best bet is to be patient / nice to them and see what happens.

Think about what you might do if you had purchased some drawings and rights to build a product from a company, and then one of their former customers came to you and said that you owe them a free one because of brand loyalty? Imagine dipping into your own wallet to purchase a product for this person when you have made neither sale nor profit from it?

Suppose a car mechanic moves into the location of a former car mechanic shop, and purchased the right to use the former owner's name on the door but that is all. Would you expect the new owner to warrant an engine replacement done by the former mechanic?

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
His claim was done before they officially closed. 4 Sevens/David Cow owes him a replacement or refund.
Just reading the information on the web site, my understanding is:

The "brand and some of the modern flashlight designs" were purchased, not the company, assets, older designs, or liabilities.

The original "company" is "closed", usually meaning that it's liabilities are essentially wiped out, or very difficult to collect from.

I am not an attorney but have dealt with some business closings as both customer and supplier. My perception is that no one actually owes you anything legally, so your best bet is to be patient / nice to them and see what happens.

Think about what you might do if you had purchased some drawings and rights to build a product from a company, and then one of their former customers came to you and said that you owe them a free one because of brand loyalty? Imagine dipping into your own wallet to purchase a product for this person when you have made neither sale nor profit from it?

Suppose a car mechanic moves into the location of a former car mechanic shop, and purchased the right to use the former owner's name on the door but that is all. Would you expect the new owner to warrant an engine replacement done by the former mechanic?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Great info.

It was a weird time in the 4sevens story that was unfortunate for the op.
I'm pretty sure folks will make it right asap. Just be patient and things will work out.

Zot

Enlightened
Prometheus Support contacted me to say they would look into it, but didn't have any timeline. The last email I got was 8 days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts