• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Surefire F04 Diffusers

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to get one or two more Surefire F04 diffusers, the older ones for 1 inch diameter bezels. Please PM me if you have one you are not using and would like to sell.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire doesn't stock these anymore; they discontinued them in favor of the current F04-A diffusers that are for 1.125 inch bezels. The dealers I have contacted don't have any of the F04 diffusers either. Does anyone know a retail source for the F04 for 1 inch bezels? Or, better, do you have an extra one you can sell me yourself?

archimedes

Flashaholic
These have been long gone for quite a while, unfortunately.

You might be able to "mod" one of those containing a colored window, using a frosted plano lens replacement, though ? :shrug:

In any case, bump for you and good luck on your search ....

EDIT - just to add, although it doesn't look nearly as nice of course, functionally water bottle caps do work great for this too.

5sRe9T1.jpg

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Eddie, but I want one for white light.

I have never seen one in white(by Surefire)-a lot of people have been pretty successful using a film on the lens, but if you wanted to avoid adhesive, perhaps replacing the colored plastic with clear and putting the diffusing film on that. Have you looked at Olight's diffusers? They have a group of diffusers that look like Surefire's, but less robust, however they are only $9-$10 each and come in red, green blue AND white....

thslw8jg

Enlightened
I use a Minimag anti roll diffuser kit with my e-series lights, it also come with a red, orange plastic lens. I applied diffuser film on the clear plastic lens and works great for up close lighting.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the additional suggestions, Crazyeddiethefirst and thslw8jg. There are other options out there that I was not aware of.

elzilcho

Enlightened
They pop up about once a month on a popular auction site. You need to check every few days and snag them quick, but they do appear.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
These have been long gone for quite a while, unfortunately.

You might be able to "mod" one of those containing a colored window, using a frosted plano lens replacement, though ? :shrug:

In any case, bump for you and good luck on your search ....

EDIT - just to add, although it doesn't look nearly as nice of course, functionally water bottle caps do work great for this too.

5sRe9T1.jpg
You can't get them from Surefire anymore? Glad I bought back ups! I have a red, blue and defused I misplaced in my studio, they will turn up, however, glad I got the several sets of spares I have in my accessory box! Everything is about spares in this hobby!

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did manage to pick one up on the big auction site (thanks again elzilcho), but I could use one more. Anyone have a spare they don't need?