Need some help...

bob4432

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a single 10440 or at most a single 14500 headlamp to be used for general household/vehicle repairs/inspection when using a 'normal' flashlight requires the addition of a second person. I have looked, but the shear amount of lights is overwhelming. Also, add to the fact that I am just getting into Li-Ion lights, well I do not know what brands have a decent quality lineage.

I am also looking for a charger than can charge at least 2 batteries (prefer 4, but 2 would suffice to get me started), preferably with a LCD display that gives me a decent amount amount of info including final charged V. Bluetooth is not necessary. Would prefer the ability to charge via a USB dongle and a 'normal' bullet connection (I think this is the type of connection but not 100% sure) - trying to keep as many options open as possible. Also having the charger, when holding batteries, it would be nice to have the charger also be a powerbrick.
This will be used for up close work and therefore do not know for sure what amount of Lumen is necessary, but I am not trying to light up a backyard or go hiking with this light. Work will include 'around the house' type of work - under counter plumbing inspection/repairs, electrical & along w/ misc vehicle maintenance during the daylight, I would like for the light to be able to produce enough light for night repairs if it is necessary. I have been using my Galazy S5 and while the light output is at least sufficient, a head mounted light will get the light where I need it. I had looked at the 18650 sized light and from what I found, ~8oz seems a bit heavy for my needs, so looking for a smaller light. If I knew the lumen output of the S5, that would give me a ballpark of where I would want to start but I would not be upset if the light output was a bit higher, but I cannot find that spec. I would also like for the light to have a working time frame, at the higher than S5 light output for a few hours - not sure what this puts me in, but these are all options that I need to check off.

As far as price, being my first Li-Ion, I would like a decent quality light, but I really do not know what I need and therefore do not want to drop a lot of $$ on the unit, I am thinking $15-$30 for the light/head rig and about the same for the charger.

Thanks in advnace for your time and excellence,
Bob

JWSCottrell

Newly Enlightened
Check out the Thorfire tg06s. It's a 14500 light with a reversible clip that makes a good cap light.

If your willing to go 3x aaa I have loved and abused my Princetontec fuel for over 4 yrs . I bet it's been used over 1000 hrs of runtime and has never once let me down no matter what's been thrown at it.