Recommend an EDC light for me with a Nichia 219B emitter around 4000 Kelvin

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I missing a great EDC Nichia 219B emitter light around 4000 Kelvin?

Looking for a high end edc flashlight to add to my collection. It may be a light that was made several years ago in a limited run and only available on the used market. Price less than $350. Size single AAA or smaller like a CR2 but not lithium ion. Must have nichia 219B emitter around 4000 to 4500 Kelvin. Several modes including moonlight. Run time on high mode (50 lumens or more) at least 30 minutes. Aluminum body because it dissipates heat best. Preferably custom made.

What I have tried:

> Tain V3 AAA (Titanium shell created too much heat on high in less than a minute)

What I have:

> Maratac AAA Nicha 219B aluminum body (3 of them :))

What is arriving:

> Muyshondt Aeon Mk III aluminum Nichia 219B

What I am thinking about:

> Muyshondt Maus Mk I aluminum Nichia 219B (only 5 minute run time on high and may be too small for single hand operation with my extra large hands)

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lunintop Tool is very similiar to the Maratac but has a few differences. Most of the Maratac lights do L-M-H. The Lumintop lights to M-L-H, which I find usually works better for the things I use it for. Another light would be the BLF348. They were a group buy of the Singfire 348 where the emitter was changed to be a Nichia instead of a Cree. They were only single mode, but were very useful and well built, especially for their ~$10 price. They aren't available any more, but there has been some talk on BLF about doing another run.

A two AAA light that I really like is the Nitecore MT06MD. It has a high of 180 lumens with a run time of 45 minutes, and the low is four lumens, which while not moonlight is very low. It has the Nichia 219 emitter, and is designed for medical work, hence the 'MD' in the name. As well as the high CRI for good color rendition, it is also certified to not emit the high end bllue/UV radiation that can easily harm one's vision. Unless you are going to use it for medical reasons, you will probably want to get the version without the pupil diameter chart on the side.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the Maratac lights do L-M-H. The Lumintop lights to M-L-H, which I find usually works better for the things I use it for.

A two AAA light that I really like is the Nitecore MT06MD.

I found a Maratac AAA nichia that has M-L-H for $35 at optiongray. Was so thrilled I purchased three of them. It is a nice light with a warm Nichia 219B beam. Thought about two AAA lights but really want to put it inside my pocket for EDC. Yesterday my Aeon MKIII arrived and its beam is outstanding. Very high color resolution with no slight brownish tint of the Maratac Nichia 219B. Clearly my favorite at this time. Want to make sure I have not missed a terrific light as I have been dark ( :) )on this forum for several years.