Experience with (Mountain Electronics)?

ThyerHazard

Newly Enlightened
New to this, and looking for reliable sources of high quality products but not wanting to spend an arm and a leg for just a name, (ThruNite) ect but also don't want to completely cheap out and get something useless.

I've been looking at some of the stuff on Mountain electronics (http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=common/home) And just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this store and its products?

thank you.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been a customer for years and have never been unhappy about anything! I have emailed Richard with everything from simple questions to complex questions regarding drivers/voltage and a hundred other things-he has answered every email I ever sent. Most in a very short time but when things are crazy it sometimes may take a few days. He is honest and runs his company with integrity. I am a customer for life. Depending on what you are looking for the Emisar D4 is a great light for around $40.

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
Just bought two D1S flashlights and a button top VTC6(flat top was out of stock from them. Great quality and came quickly. One was a gift and he said it was one of the best gifts they have ever received. They came within about three days.

Would for sure but again.

Though I must say for batteries illumn.com is a bit cheaper in price. Both are high quality.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Ive purchased from mtn electronics on two occassions. Both occassions i was very satisfied with the service and their products (noctigon Meteors) Theyre a very reputable company. Convoy and emisar seem to be their main brands, both are excellent. The emisars inparticular are incredible value for money, the quality of their lights is second to non!

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Richard at mtn is a super awesome dude, you will be looked after by him and his wife. Use without hesitation!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have purchased things there a few times. I am particularly impressed with his CUXM/CUXP P60 drop in. The options available are outstanding, and the price can not be beat. I am also a member of Budget Light Forum (BLF, or to some members here 'that other forum') where Richard is held in high esteem.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mountain Electronics is pretty much the new plateau of flashlight tech to me, the selection is well curated with good descriptions of components.
It's not an endless selection, but a well considered collection of good stuff, saving me many many hours of searching, assuming I'd even figured out what to search for in the first place.
A quad 3000K high CRI, expertly reflowed for my D4?
Yep!
Want just the driver for a D4? It's in there, kinda camouflaged by the many other drivers and available UI for each driver, but it's right there.
Great business.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Richard at mtn is a super awesome dude, you will be looked after by him and his wife. Use without hesitation!

I'm with Ven on this one and I even had some hardware issues that were quickly cleared up. Everybody has great customer service when you don't need them, but the stellar businesses are the ones that take care of you when a problem crops up and problems always seem to crop up.

Chris

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Richard's emails are always courteous and products come packed well. Never a problem.

I too was impressed at how well packaged the cells were when I purchased. Would have bought my latest Emisars from mtn without hesitation were they in stock.

KBobAries

Enlightened
Multiple orders with them and I'm happy about each one. They're one of the first places I look when I'm in the market for something. Don't hesitate to buy from their site.

Last edited: