SureFire E2D

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Any easy and affordable ways to upgrade the E2D to LED? I was thinking of dropping in a Malkoff, but research indicates the M61 doesn't fit. I'm not interested in buying a separate head. Combined with the LED it's more than I'm willing to spend.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There really is no 'budget' upgrades available for E's. Now $15 will get you a 150 lumen bulb from Lumens Factory.

A logical solution is the single LED upgrade by a really smart fellow who makes dopin's called Tana singLED. At $80 they aren't cheap but he uses firmware with all kinds of setting easily available via 8 half presses to advance to the next combination of settings. Low/High to start, or high only, or all kinds of 3 or 4 setting combos going from lower to higher or higher to lower. Some have memory too. Heck, I think one setting deep into the available number like #17 is strobe. lol.

It's a nice brass module that should last as least as long as the light itself.

Last edited:

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help guys. When I said "affordable," I meant I didn't want to go custom or spend $50 for the head plus another $50 for an LED. I wanted to spend something close to the price of a Malkoff drop-in. The Lumens Factor E2-LED Single Mode LED Assembly, XP-G2, S5 LED looks like it'll do the trick.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks for the help guys. When I said "affordable," I meant I didn't want to go custom or spend $50 for the head plus another $50 for an LED. I wanted to spend something close to the price of a Malkoff drop-in. The Lumens Factor E2-LED Single Mode LED Assembly, XP-G2, S5 LED looks like it'll do the trick.

Thats a goody. Should raise a smile when you turn it on the first time.

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
Any easy and affordable ways to upgrade the E2D to LED? I was thinking of dropping in a Malkoff, but research indicates the M61 doesn't fit. I'm not interested in buying a separate head. Combined with the LED it's more than I'm willing to spend.

If you can find one on the secondary market or the marketplace, Veleno is also a good choice. Have a warm 3 mode in my E2E for at least five-six years now, and its been flawless.