I can’t find a really short flashlight for a short barrel shotgun

ahlongslide

Newly Enlightened
Newbie here. I filed a form 1 a month ago to build a SBS. So I have a while to find the right flashlight since I can't start on the project until the stamp comes back in a year. I've been scouring the internet for a week trying to find the perfect flashlight for my future setup. There will only be an inch or so for a flashlight mount to clamp to the magazine tube. From the muzzle to the pump will only be 2.5". Most weapon light mounts are made for 1" dia lights.

Therefore, I'm trying to find a bright flashlight that is around 1" dia, 2.5" or less short, and tail cap clicky

The closest thing I've found is a Streamlight Protac 1L CR123
The EagleTac D25c would be good if it were a bigger diameter
It will look something like this:
12-gauge-Remington-870-Police-USSS2.jpg

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

scout24

Flashaholic
PK PRX. Or one of the many rail mount pistol lights available should fit the bill. I have an Olight PL1 on a Glock 36 that fits your size requirements... Welcome to CPF, by the way. :wave:

ahlongslide

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys! Sorry for posting in the wrong sub forum!
Good idea scout24, the PRX is too long, but something like a TLR-1 should be short enough.
I was trying to find one that would fit in this mount because it's skinny and sits close to the firearm.
But a rail would really open up the options because pistol lights are so short
Any other opinions?
Thanks!

ahlongslide

Newly Enlightened
A factory sawed off????:thinking:
No. You can buy a factory SBS, but then you can't be in possession of it until the stamp comes back. I have a 20" 870 Police from 1975 that I'll buy a 14" barrel for once my stamp comes back. Barrel swapping on a 870 is really really easy.

ahlongslide

Newly Enlightened
Hope ya don't mind me asking but, watcha hunting, vampires?:rolleyes:

Karl
Lol, it is primarily for safe & fun shooting on the range. It wouldn't be the worst option for home defense though. Hence, the light question.

ahlongslide

Newly Enlightened
Just in case anyone ever finds this in a search. I ended up going with an Olight PL-MINI Valkyrie. Shorter than 2.5" and the end doesn't stick past the rail mount.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
I use a Safariland Rogers rail with a streamlight microstream run with a 10440 on my 14" 870. It has a magpul MOE fore end with a rail section on it.

Nice low low profile and perfect amount of bright light. The set up has survived several hundred full power rounds.

I use a PK cell 10440 and it runs that little light long and holds a great charge.

ahlongslide

Newly Enlightened
I use a Safariland Rogers rail with a streamlight microstream run with a 10440 on my 14" 870. It has a magpul MOE fore end with a rail section on it.

Nice low low profile and perfect amount of bright light. The set up has survived several hundred full power rounds.

I use a PK cell 10440 and it runs that little light long and holds a great charge.

Sounds like an awesome setup! If I weren't trying to keep the old wooden police gun look, I'd definitely go the Magpul route.
Here's some pics of my setup. I need to stop tinkering with it and forget about it so the stamp wait will seem shorter. lol
Pmv3LaM.jpg

MPEjnSU
MPEjnSU
MPEjnSU.jpg