Single CR123A light that will drain batteries

polymath

Newly Enlightened
1) This will be mail-order or Online (location doesn't matter).

2) Up to $100.

3) I want a flashlight (hand held/self contained).

4) I don't know/I don't care.

5) LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)

6) I want to buy a light from a large/traditional manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7)
CR123

8) I want to navigate a dark room or read a map (1-10 lumens).

9) All Flood

9a) Less than 5 yards/meters (looking for something inside a dark shed/garage/basement)

10) N/A

11) Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).

12) Any size switch will do.

13) I don't care.

14) I don't care.

15)
IPX7 (Waterproof to 1 meter/30min)

16) Other_Indoors, outdors, winter, summer.

17) N/A

I am looking for a single CR123A light to get the last remaining juice out of the battery.

I am starting to accumulate a lot of mostly used CR123A batteries from one of my Surefire lights. All of my other lights are AA, 14500, or 16850 (except a Streamlight TLR-1).

Something at map reading level would be great. I am thinking maybe Zebralight or Olight?

pc_light

Enlightened
The Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA might work for you. Since it's designed to also work on 1xAA, it will take a cr123a down to single digit volts. The only compromise is the beam will be hotspot/spill as opposed to broad mule-like spill, although at low voltage levels it won't be much of a hot spot.

archimedes

Flashaholic
You want what is known in CPF jargon as either a "joule thief" or a "battery vampire"

A search here with either (or both) of those terms will provide much information and advice.

Although there are several excellent stock torches for this, most of the very best choices are now discontinued or use(d) custom drivers.

In my opinion, one of the few currently available options is the Peak Logan.

Good luck :)

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
pc_light made a great recommendation. I also like the Fenix line: PD22/PD25.