I Think We're Going Thermal

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, i threw my HDC batteries in my X7 Olight. They've been sitting a few months after i had charged them last, and i went to use the light on turbo, then turbo turbo. the light started acting like it was in a strobe mode, so i shut it off. i actually heard something similar to a taser while it did this (not quite as loud though). i double clicked to turbo, with no problem. i double clicked to super turbo, and it did it again. i pulled the batteries and checked them and i noticed 2 of them were warm. i checked them on my charger and 2 were at 4.08v and the other 2 were at 4.03v. the 2 lower ones have been dropping steadily ever since and the button tops are too hot to touch now. they are flying out the window as we speak, into the nearest snow bank.

the light is working perfectly on my Samsung 30q's. the other 2 HDC batteries are still fine, holding at 4.08v

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, i threw my HDC batteries in my X7 Olight. They've been sitting a few months after i had charged them last, and i went to use the light on turbo, then turbo turbo. the light started acting like it was in a strobe mode, so i shut it off. i actually heard something similar to a taser while it did this (not quite as loud though). i double clicked to turbo, with no problem. i double clicked to super turbo, and it did it again. i pulled the batteries and checked them and i noticed 2 of them were warm. i checked them on my charger and 2 were at 4.08v and the other 2 were at 4.03v. the 2 lower ones have been dropping steadily ever since and the button tops are too hot to touch now. they are flying out the window as we speak, into the nearest snow bank.the light is working perfectly on my Samsung 30q's. the other 2 HDC batteries are still fine, holding at 4.08v

What are your HDC cells?

Are they the Olights that came with the light in KIT form?

Those have been known to be problematic on TURBO, in the past.

Just throwing stuff out there.

Chris

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, i threw my HDC batteries in my X7 Olight. They've been sitting a few months after i had charged them last, and i went to use the light on turbo, then turbo turbo. the light started acting like it was in a strobe mode, so i shut it off. i actually heard something similar to a taser while it did this (not quite as loud though). i double clicked to turbo, with no problem. i double clicked to super turbo, and it did it again. i pulled the batteries and checked them and i noticed 2 of them were warm. i checked them on my charger and 2 were at 4.08v and the other 2 were at 4.03v. the 2 lower ones have been dropping steadily ever since and the button tops are too hot to touch now. they are flying out the window as we speak, into the nearest snow bank.

the light is working perfectly on my Samsung 30q's. the other 2 HDC batteries are still fine, holding at 4.08v

What are your HDC cells?

Are they the Olights that came with the light in KIT form?

Those have been known to be problematic on TURBO, in the past.

Just throwing stuff out there.

Chris

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, though I got them after I got the light thinking I would use some of the batteries I already had to achieve turbo s.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Aginthelaw, Have you gotten a hold of anyone from our Customer Service? If not please get an email out to [email protected] or [email protected] This is the first time I am hearing of any issues with our HDC batteries and we certainly need to get it addressed as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
Jesse