Check Out This Packaging Job!

Finally! A thread to show off great packaging jobs. :thumbsup:

Or expose those that didn't really care. :ohgeez:

Oo, stickers! Always a nice touch.
R0tLGQl.jpg

OKaaaaa ...... Lots of straw. Somewhat better than Styrofoam peanuts.
9vtzwtb.jpg

But still pretty messy. About now I'm thinking I'd of rather received some plastic wrap than that patch.
The straw found its way into the factory packaging. Yes, I'm one of those guys that keeps all the original packages. :p
idLrTdS.jpg

DTtneWj.jpg

All in all, I rate this a B+ due to having to spend ten minutes of new flashlight playing time on cleaning up the mess.

This next one just left me wondering why? Mighty big box for four CR2 batteries. :rolleyes: The copper Bolt-Action is just to show why I purchased CR2's.
They probably needed the real estate for the caution stickers.
All in all, I rate this a C-. It took up way too much space in every vehicle that transported it.
50wBGEK.jpg

~ Chance

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Entertaining! Wish I had pix to share. I've gotten some excellently (is that a word?) packed stuff in the past. That straw looks like a mess. Lol

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Amazon packaging size is determined by the computer and not the person packing it (an enterprising packer can override the computer, at their own peril if something goes wrong,) the computer just goes by whatever dimensions were input by the seller, which are often fudged over and therefore wrong.

Entertaining! Wish I had pix to share. I've gotten some excellently (is that a word?) packed stuff in the past. That straw looks like a mess. Lol
Thanks for letting me know it's entertaining. Thinking it a boring subject, I hesitated a bit.

Amazon packaging size is determined by the computer and not the person packing it (an enterprising packer can override the computer, at their own peril if something goes wrong,) the computer just goes by whatever dimensions were input by the seller, which are often fudged over and therefore wrong.
Receiving insight into a GIANT like Amazon is always fun (Loved the picnic pics) and interesting. I was pretty sure I could count on you if I left the Amazon tape on the box. :thumbsup:

I've also heard that (relatively) small boxes are actually more inconvenient for volume shippers to handle.
Makes sense now that I think about it. Having a standardized "small" box would be easier to stack.

Packaging peanuts would have been a lot cleaner than straw .... Where was the strawlight from?
Yep! A lot less to clean up. Best Made Company, located in New York City and Los Angles.

~ Chance

This package was shipped from Italy to Washington State during September 2017. It was a bit cumbersome so we cut some holes in the top to get a better purchase.
That's me in the red jacket.
8X2Zyk1.jpg

vwzdahg.jpg

They used a lot of styrofoam and expanding foam to keep the piece from shifting during the long journey. I thought the expanding foam was genius.

Here's the foam,
pFRWVph.jpg

and lots and lots of peanuts.
FQDkVhd.jpg

After the corpus was installed, The Lovely Mrs. Gardiner and I captured the peanuts and foam in 50 gallon plastic refuse bags. There was just enough room in an Astro van to get them all in. At the recycling center, the styrofoam had to be removed from the bags.... where about 1,000 little pieces stuck to the Mrs. and me. Fortunately the wind was blowing really hard, so when you wiped it off it blew onto the next person down wind. That was fun.

A+ job on this one. :twothumbs

~ Chance

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Christ Tetris, nicely done.

Crutchfield packs with expanding foam, we don't. Bear that in mind when buying expensive audio equipment..

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Back when I was buying lights like a madman it was interesting to see some peoples way of transporting used items across the country. Home made boxes, one time a shoe box for cinderalla shoes... yes, clear slippers. Laundry powder carton, pre-made boxes, sometimes plastic strips fashioned into a box, but my favorite was a VHS tape container. Packing was also interesting. Some used bubble wrap... taped to never, ever be opened. Fort Knox would have nothing on some of the taped up bubble wrapping. Peanuts were seldom used. Newspaper was fun to read. And one box once had champagne in it.

My favorite was a SureFire U2 from Canada where the the seller had forgotten to include the instruction book inside the box. So he placed it in an envelope taped to the box and wrapped the box with paper. Inside the box was a carefully packaged flashlight wrapped in easy to remove bubble wrap and inside was more bubble wrap around the light inside a ziplock bag with a moisture absorbing silicone sack.

The worst was 3 Pentagons tossed in a non padded envelope without anything around them.

Last edited:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hear that.

Last time I order one, yes, ONE, micro SD card and it came in a shoe box sized box.

On the other end of spectrum, an HF radio I ordered came in a box that is exactly the same size as the radio's packaging, I mean it was wedged in there good. Good thing the OEM packaging included the usual foam structure, else it would have been entertaining with the "who damaged it" game.