Watch where you buy batteries from!

tanakasan

Newly Enlightened
Hello all!

Sitting here waiting for my Emisar D4 XPL-Hi (out for delivery today) to arrive!

Trying to stay occupied, was charging some cells and saw that you can check for authentic Efest products online. I went and G**gled Efest Purple and got a few links. Mine were bought from MtnElectronics so I have no doubts as to authenticity. Entered and verified the numbers online and all is well.

D4 still not here so clicked a few other links from the search. One took me to *Bay. I saw an auction for 4x Efest Purple cells. They were showing the "new style" ID stickers and I noticed a typo on the second label. Also, the first image does not show the purple patterning as shown on the closeup. Should be light silver lettering on the body also? This one cannot be genuine, correct? Makes you wonder what might lurk under the scratch off.

Anyways, glad I went with a well known and vetted genuine seller!

Hmm...now, where is that postman today?!

Robert

GqdOU9Z.jpg

DneUSEt.jpg

Last edited:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Initial post [Okay so you are saying these are reference photos for a legitimate set?]

DUH on me... I was distracted while I was typing.
What I meant to say was "Do you have reference photos for a legitimate set?"

LOL... can't eat and "forum" at the same time apparently.

Last edited:

tanakasan

Newly Enlightened
Okay so you are saying these are reference photos for a legitimate set?
No, not legitimate based on my limited experience.

The genuine ones I purchased from Mountain differ from these images of cells I posted from an auction as a heads up:
1) The small sticker should have a purple background graphic on it, not seen in the first image but shown in the closeup.
2) The word "security" is misspelled.

I have labeled the images in the OP and added one here of my genuine Mtn buy.

Robert

e2azirY.jpg

Last edited: