Question about e1e

Nichia!

Banned
Hi friends

1 question please:-

How can I tell the difference between click switch tailcap and twisty tailcap if light is New in the box and never opened?

Is there any way to know that other than opening the package?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm not 100 percent sure but I think only the very last e1e ever had a clicky switch.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Can you see the serial number? If so that will tell you how old it is. As I say only the newest one came with a clicky

skillet

Enlightened
If you can see the switch clearly, the top where the rubber boot is will be rounded with no threads or the ring present/visible. Search for Z57(clicky) and Z52(twisty)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_20180318_162747.jpg

For the day postimage does a photo bucket:

Twisty has a dimple on the tailcap, rounded at the area where it meets the rubber button, SureFire printed on the face with the rubber boot for viewing best bezel down. The rubber boot is pretty much the same but does not stick out quite as far as a clicky.

Clicky does not have the dimple, has SureFire printed on the face best seen when light is laying down. At the rubber boot area there is a slight indention between the edge and boot the twisty does not have. And it has a near right angled edge at the top (calling the boot the top) instead of a rounded edge like the twisty.

At least that is what my 2 flat editions came with. I say 2 flats, they are the ones with flat sides 180 degrees apart from the clip versus the rounded flat areas some 270 degrees from the clip.

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
Thank you very much guys for your help
I have found the answer.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Why is this posted in the LED forum? We obviously don't need different forums at all.

I meant to move this earlier, but the forum was running slowly ... thanks for the reminder (and feel free to contact staff if a thread is obviously in the wrong spot)

... thread moved ...