• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
Any idea when you will have more of these in stock? Looks like a great light and I'd like to give it a shot.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Any idea when you will have more of these in stock? Looks like a great light and I'd like to give it a shot.
We can't produce two metals as the same time but aluminum is our standard metal, so production generally goes like so

aluminum
special
aluminum
special
aluminum
special

In this case, black aluminum is next, probably early April.

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
Awesome and thanks.

What coating will be used to make the aluminum black?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry, yes. Lost most of April with the huge cold thats running around.

Black BOSS launching this Sunday, details soon!

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Is there still a plan to do a run of un coated aluminum? The first ever Boss run with the darkened stonewash 7075 was so perfect. I have really learned to love bare naked lights. No coating to worry about wearing off, and no shiny polish to worry about scratching up...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Is there still a plan to do a run of un coated aluminum? The first ever Boss run with the darkened stonewash 7075 was so perfect. I have really learned to love bare naked lights. No coating to worry about wearing off, and no shiny polish to worry about scratching up...
The dark Patina is to time intensive to do again at scale but we are planning a new aluminum finish this summer. I don't yet have specifics but it should be bright.