Need recommendations on a new light (Pocket/Trail/Weapon)

BDEMP

Newly Enlightened
Hey all

It's about time I upgrade my primary pocket light and a few things are coaxing this decision, I don't want to buy haphazardly and figured asking you people would be my best bet at making an informed decision.

First I've got an old Surefire L2 Lumamax still serving me proudly. I've read some posts on here about upgrading this light but boring the tube is a little more than I was expecting to do in order to brighten it up.
So I'm dealing with a light that is easily outpaced by some 10 dollar alternatives on amazon, not a great position to be in.

Second I've just finished building a 308 truck rifle and I would really appreciate having a weaponlight, but I can't find a good tape switch/tail cap replacement that works with the L2 let alone one offered by SF.

So the perfect light for me would be a 200+ lumen LED output, detachable to use on the trail and with a sidearm, hopefully dual brightness to blind a perp if need be, compatible with a tape switch and more than a twin 123 battery capacity.
What are we thinkin?

Cheers boys n girls

scout24

Flashaholic
Hi, and welcome. I moved your thread to a more appropriate subforum where you'll get plenty of recommendations. I'd look at Elzetta, personally, to start. You can build a'la carte to your needs.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would look into a Fenix tk15 and the Fenix remote pressure switch for the rifle. This light has been very dependable for me over the last 8 years and it is affordable. I had a maker on this site make me a custom kydex canted holster for my TK 15 to support my sidearm. Works great. I also have a HDS light in a kydex holster to support the sidearm.

BDEMP

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate the recommendations! All three look dang nice. While looking up the FENIX light I came across building one from scratch. Any recommendations there?