No review of the Fenix FD45 yet?

Drunken Monkey

Newly Enlightened
I have had mine for a couple weeks. I love it EXCEPT for the adjustment ring. I find it nearly impossible to adjust without both hands and some choice words as I inevitably hit the button while trying to turn the ring. If the ring was just a little larger the light would be 5 stars!

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to sell for around $90? Perhaps that is why there is not much interest in it. A under $60 price tag would would get my attention.

Zunkted

Newly Enlightened
I bought one from the fenix-store about a month ago and sent it back after using it for a day. I wasn't a fan of it especially the adjustment ring because it was really stiff. I replaced it with a Wowtac a3vn. In my honest opinion the Wowtac a3s is a lot nicer and you can adjust the focus with one finger and they only cost like $30 and come with a rechargeable usb battery.

LED_Power_Forums

Newly Enlightened
True. The adjustment ring is too stiff. And the tint... Let's just say the luck is not on my side. Purple-ish orange.:duh2:

Form factor wise, it is compact for 4xAA light. Nice to see Fenix eliminate the use of plastic carrier since I'm not sure about their plastic quality in long term.

Zunkted

Newly Enlightened
Lightseeker have you recieved your FD45 yet? Would also like to hear your opinion on it. But yes the adjustment ring is really stiff like you really need two hand to adjust it and the tint wasn't all that great. But I guess its not all that bad, i mean you know for sure its not going defocus or focus by putting it in a bag or your pocket, lol. The overall heft, and fit and finish of the light itself though is really good and IT will last a long time for sure no doubt about that. They also need to start supplying better holsters with there flashlights, the ones they give you are garbage.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Lightseeker have you recieved your FD45 yet? Would also like to hear your opinion on it. But yes the adjustment ring is really stiff like you really need two hand to adjust it and the tint wasn't all that great. But I guess its not all that bad, i mean you know for sure its not going defocus or focus by putting it in a bag or your pocket, lol. The overall heft, and fit and finish of the light itself though is really good and IT will last a long time for sure no doubt about that. They also need to start supplying better holsters with there flashlights, the ones they give you are garbage.

No, not yet. Its 3 months now, so I assume it must have gotten lost in the post.
I cannot find the email address for HK Equipment....
I just want to ask if they can possibly assist from their side. This is just so sad.