Call Out To Sydney Based Flashaholics!

Photongun

Newly Enlightened
Hi all (or none?).

I've been a CPF member for a very long time but admittedly have been dormant on the forum for years.

While life did get in the way (as it tends to do) the passion and enthusiasm for portable light emitting devices still burns as strongly as ever.

I can still recall my first attempt at modding an eveready spotlight when I was 8 years some 30 odd years ago and the shortlived thrill of watching the bulb burn twice as bright for a minute or two before it met its demise. Oh boy how things have changed in portable lighting arena.

Many moons ago, probably around a decade or so, I attended numerous Sydney GTG's organized by CPF members Rob187 and Delvance. I have tried messaging them to no avail and suspect the email addresses linked to their CPF profiles are redundant.

In any case, the meet-ups back then were a lot of fun. We would find large dark reserves around Sydney and convene to showcase our collections and play with lights we didnt own. Collectively there were a lot of lights!

I have recently had sufficient time to research what is out there and rebuild my collection. I have some very powerful torches - some common and some more exotic.

I would love to meet up with other Sydney based torch nuts to chat, see what everyone has, have light showdowns, throw offs, take measurements and even discuss chargers and batteries.

The question is... is there enough of you out there to make it happen? :)

P.S The list of lights in my signature is ancient and redundant. I will update when I can be bothered figuring out how!

Last edited:

Photongun

Newly Enlightened
Wow, what a sad state of affairs. I would have expected a peep from someone in a city of 5 million. Ha ha

Hopefully this little bump gets the post in front of the right people.

SKYTRAIL

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I'm unfortunately interstate in Brisbane. I would have otherwise enjoyed a fellow CPF member get together. If someone from QUEENSLAND reads this I'd enjoy a Brisbane get together. If you do get the Sydney show on the road, please post some photos. Cheers, Gary. 🥃🥃

Photongun

Newly Enlightened
Brisbane's a little far from here, mate. Hope you have better luck than me.

Still no bites. Maybe not many Sydney flashaholics use CPF. Or perhaps they're scattered around CFP and haven't found this post.

I'll just keep checking in from time to time.

Bd7Bd7

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Stumbled upon your post when locking for a Sydney based flashlight group. I am very new to torches but have always loved them begining with Maglites, then bought a Lenser and recently saw and liked a torch review by Charles Bridgtec and bought a high powered Wowtec and other budget lights.

I too would like to find like minded people in Sydney. Keen if there has been any traction on this post.

Cheers