Natures Amazing Work

I grew up In NE PA. and have lived in NW PA for several decades now. The first amazing work from Mother nature that I saw growing up was an "H" tree. Natural, no grafting.They built some more homes in the area and Killed the Tree.:thumbsdow

Sadly what some people call progress[building and raping Mother Nature], I would call it regression, especially when one does not preserve something that is worthwhile and is not hard to do,,,since this tree was in the woods and still would have been.[Not affecting the homes built]

I found this tree[picture below] on one of the trails that I hike.

LOOK at the tree closely. A vast majority of the trunk and the first 4 feet or so of the tree has rotted away except for the outside edges which sustained life and in turn formed Two branches! I walked by this tree about 25 times before I noticed it in its unique entirety. That was last night.

RE- POST. Photo disappeared??

Mr._TREE.jpg

Mr._TREE.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_20180402_193829.jpg

A celphone tower.

I've seen some amazing natural wonders but no pix to share. Will definitely try to stir up the ole memory banks to find some nearby and photograph them.

Last edited:
Yes,,,I have seen many of those fake foliage decorated cell towers! There are many around here that look like flag poles and they are cell towers.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That my friend is a living tree. At the first 90° point it sprouted another shoot at a right angle, grew that way a bit and turned up again. At some point that portion died but first a branch grew out of it going the same direction as the initial right angle sprout.

IMG_20180403_155135.jpg

Last edited:

LGT

Enlightened
No idea how a boulder this big came to rest the way it is. There's no access for any machine that could lift it. And I couldn't imagine a group of people being able to budge it.
8wfxb8T.jpg

Last edited:
^^^

Neat picture. My guess is that the water was responsible for that happening.A storm maybe? Water has tremendous power.It is formless and shapeless,,yet it can move mountains.

That my friend is a living tree. At the first 90° point it sprouted another shoot at a right angle, grew that way a bit and turned up again. At some point that portion died but first a branch grew out of it going the same direction as the initial right angle sprout.

IMG_20180403_155135.jpg

When I look at that picture all I see is a tree that has one dead branch! Honestly, I do not see the rarity of it.

TEST PHOTO TN42vn bisecting the Big Dipper.

Not able to edit original photo as I can on my PC.Wanted to rotate to show much better/larger view.:sigh:

TN42vn_Big_dipper_4.29.2018.jpg

^ That is an awesome picture, IlluminationDomination. Well worth reposting when you return home. :thumbsup:

Below is some Trillium I discovered while working at a neighbors home.

~ Chance

i45va9N.jpg

heelsthrow

Newly Enlightened
No idea how a boulder this big came to rest the way it is. There's no access for any machine that could lift it. And I couldn't imagine a group of people being able to budge it.
8wfxb8T.jpg
Nice capture buddy.