A huge Thank You to Data...

scout24

Flashaholic
As some here may know, we had a house fire on 2/23/18. 4:30am, the smoke detectors started going off and the house was full of smoke. We all got out ok except for our cat, and sat in the driveway and watched as the house went up. It was literally 3 minutes from hearing the alarms to running down the back steps outside calling in to 911. Unfortunately, the house is a complete loss. In and amongst dealing with insurance and the day-to-day slog that is trying to adjust to the new (temporary) normal, I've made quite a few recon trips into what's left of our house looking for things that are salvageable. One of the things I found was Spy 005, #0013 which I had first picked up from B/S/T not terribly long after I found CPF. I reached out to Dave asking if he'd like to do a post-mortem on it to see how it had fared. He agreed, and I mailed it off. Dave had graciously offered to rebuild it if possible. Well, it turned out to be salvageable. I now own a slightly mottled shiny new 005, at no cost for the rebuild... :) I'll ask Dave to post pics here and details as he sees fit, as I can't get tinypic to play nice with my phone. A huge, huge thank you Mr. Livingston for bringing some joy back into a situation we're trying to make the best of.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
I'm very sorry to hear that scout24, particularly for your loss of your cat (which was part of your family) and for your house and so many possessions/documents built up over time. Thank goodness you and the rest of your family were unhurt though. Dave is one of the good guys and I'm not surprised to hear of his class.

If there are any flashlight parts or spares that I can help you with, please let me know.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy to hear you are okay Scout24, super support from Data as usual. Glad you are able to salvage #13 from a devastating situation: keep on truckin'!

-Mayo

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fire is one of my greatest fears. I am glad to help in my small way.

20180327_144323s.jpg

20180328_144024s.jpg

Cheers
Dave

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. Dave replaced the head, knob, board, emitter and heat sink. I wish I could make tinypic play nice with my phone, I'd show you where it was found.

scout24

Flashaholic
Daniel- Thank you kindly... Dave said 0013 was full of water when he opened it. I'll admit I didn't even try to get into it, just packed it up...

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not surprised, Dave one of the good guys here.

Sorry to hear of your loss....congrats to Dave for going well above and beyond!

Karl

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Wow, I missed this one it seems. Amazing work Data, that was super cool of you, brother. Greg, hope things are starting to get sorted out in this nasty ordeal. :/

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear about the fire, a terrible thing to happen. Dave did a fantastic job on your SPY, which must be a small comfort to you. Kudos to him

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I'm sorry for the incredible loss and I'm happy to hear the family made it out.
I have a personal fear of a fire and trying to get our cats out.
That light looks absolutely stunning. CoolFall Spy 005 Phoenix.