Best 26650 for LAPG L1 flashlight

EricBr

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully I have included enough information here that someone can help me out on battery choice.

I have an LAPG FL Enforcer L1 flashlight () that uses a 26650 battery.
The battery that came with it is a button-top (if I understand the term correctly) blue battery with no name on it. The writing on the battery says "Li-ion 26650, 3.7v 4500mAh, 16.65Wh".
The documentation lists the "Rechargeable Battery" as an ICR26650.

The documentation says it uses a 1 Cree XML LED Chip bulb.

The light puts out 943/480/15 lumens at the High/Med/Low level.

After 2 years, the battery is beginning to not hold a charge for very long (whether I charge it via the built in USB connector or the NightCore D4 charger) , so I am looking to replace it.

I am wondering what the best replacement battery for this light would be, as far as powering the light and longevity of the battery charge.

Thanks,

Eric

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully I have included enough information here that someone can help me out on battery choice.

I have an LAPG FL Enforcer L1 flashlight () that uses a 26650 battery.
The battery that came with it is a button-top (if I understand the term correctly) blue battery with no name on it. The writing on the battery says "Li-ion 26650, 3.7v 4500mAh, 16.65Wh".
The documentation lists the "Rechargeable Battery" as an ICR26650.

The documentation says it uses a 1 Cree XML LED Chip bulb.

The light puts out 943/480/15 lumens at the High/Med/Low level.

After 2 years, the battery is beginning to not hold a charge for very long (whether I charge it via the built in USB connector or the NightCore D4 charger) , so I am looking to replace it.

I am wondering what the best replacement battery for this light would be, as far as powering the light and longevity of the battery charge.

Thanks,

Eric
I don't know that light, but 2 years is a pretty short life for that battery. Do you have a habit of running it down until the light does not work anymore before charging? I wonder the light is over discharging the battery. Do you usually charge it in the light, or do you usually charge it externally? Could just be a poor quality battery, but usually in 26650 they would not be so poor.

Are you sure it is a button top, or just a raised top? Do you know how to look inside the light to see if it looks like it really needs a button top?

There are several good 26650 cells that may work in the light, but diameter and the button top information are important. If the light does not internally prevent over discharge of the battery moving to a protected cell would extend the life of the battery.

Maybe someone that owns that light can chime in with a bit more information so you don't buy a battery that will not work. Pictures of your current battery, and inside the head of the light might help.

fmc1

Enlightened
Try and verify if your light needs a button top cell because if it does your options are going to be very limited. The only good high capacity 26650 that's available in a button top that I know of is the Orbtronic 5750mAh. There are a few flashlight branded 26650's available in button tops also but they all will be lower capacity, lower max discharge and more expensive than the Orbtronic. Examples are Nitecore and Klarus 26650's they are available to buy stand alone. I have seen Thrunite and Acebeam 26650's also but I don't think you can buy them stand alone. Also the flashlight branded batteries will be long probably 68-69mm which may be too big for you light. The Orbtronic website has pictures of both button top and flat top cells that might help you determine what you have now. If you can use a flat top you will have more options like Shockli, Keeppower and others.

Frank

RedfishBluefish

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the Shockli IMR 26650 5500 mah (black-2017 test), it has more capacity and discharge rate. You can see the review here. If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, check out the 26650 battery comparator here.