Thank you, CPF.

scout24

Flashaholic
Sincerely. I haven't really made it public until today, but back on 2/23, we had a house fire and lost pretty much everything. I've posted once or twice on the facebook groups, but nothing stand alone like this. In the past 5 or 6 weeks, I've experienced an unbelievable generosity of time, talent, spirit and gifts from this little corner of the internet that's been a second home to me for almost the last 10 years. Members reaching out to see if everything's ok. Gifts from others, large and small. You know who you are. To all of you, a heartfelt thank you, which seems like such an understatement. Makers who have offered to look at salvaged lights to see if they're repairable. They'll have their own threads hopefully with photos, but in alphabetical order so I didn't have to pick an order, Lol. Data, who rebuilt my Spy 005. Enrique, who has rebuilt my Beagle. Henry and Hogo at HDS who rebuilt a still functioning but hurting Rotary, and offered to replace leather holsters. McGizmo, who after investing his time and energy attempting to see if some of my lights were repairable, returned them to Maui from whence they came.
We have been fortunate in all of this. We made it out of the house unscathed at 4:30am. We have a place to stay. We have family 20 minutes away. Our friends have been wonderful. We have eachother. The insurance company so far has been great. We'll be rebuilding on the same property. Things are replaceable.
Again, a heartfelt thank you to everyone here, and please change your smoke detector batteries. If the detectors are more than 7 or 8 years old, change them too. It's cheap insurance. :)

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are wonderful words to hear, and glad you are all OK.

Please let us know if there is something that we can get you. Some of us have extra parts or extra flashlights. Look at it from the perspective that it would make us feel good to help. You have given plenty to us.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's crazy how quickly life can be turned upside down.

Staples office supply store (and others) carry fire proof file boxes you can stash important papers and digital photos in for about $100. No need to float a loan or reinforce the floor with those, yet if life deals a bad hand some irreplaceable items are protected.

Last edited: