Fenix Customer Service Question

Darryl Staw

Newly Enlightened
Being an extremely new member, I hoping this question isn't out of place or been answered numerous times in the past. Has anyone tried to get "Customer Service" from Fenix after the warranty, on the flashlight in question, has expired? If you did, how was the service that was or was not rendered? I'm curious about whether I may be over-reacting to myself with my experience with Fenix.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That's a good question D. Not owning anything by Fenix I cannot answer your question based on my personal experiences.
Others will swear by Fenix while some will swear at Fenix.
As a bystander on this brand they seem to stand behind their products in general, but patience will be excersized as with many overseas companies on the scale of Fenix.

If you have say, a busted clicky perhaps a quest in the want to buy section could end up being where you find a part you seek. Many of us keep busted lights for parts.

Darryl Staw

Newly Enlightened
...Thanks for the response Mr."Fixer"... LOL...It is indeed a "clickie thing" problem. I've been looking for a replacement for a couple of years now without much luck. Finally I emailed Fenix Customer Service and after giving them the s/n of the flashlight, I've been told by john at Fenix-Service and by Colt at Fenix-Tactical, that because I didn't buy the LD10 flashlight directly from them, they could not help me out. I didn't want a hand-out or a freebie...I wanted a replacement switch...I bought it through Amazon, along with a PD35...It just doesn't seem reasonable to refuse to help out on a product they make because I bought it at "the wrong place"...LOL...It is kinda typical of my luck these days though...:p...I looked for a Want To Buy thread somewhere but haven't found one...yet...Thanks for the advice...:)

P.S...Just found the Want To Buy Section...Thanks again...

Last edited:

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I actually had a very positive experience with Fenix customer service. I had purchased a new LD20 in 2012, from an ebay seller, then dropped it in 2016, causing it to stop working. I contacted them about repairs, and they had me send it back. It was evidently beyond economic repair, and they ended up sending me a new LD22 for no charge. They had a very positive attitude about keeping their lights working, and keeping the customer happy. I've since purchased at least 5 more Fenix lights, and have been more than happy with every one.

More recently, my PD35-Tac was getting flickery in the switch. I contacted them, and they directed me to a video about common issues. Turns out it was just the retaining ring holding the tail switch that had come loose. I tightened it and have had no more issues.

For daily needs, Fenix and Malkoff are all I use.

Here is a link to the old thread. If you scroll down, there are two phone numbers for repair / warranty centers. You may also contact them here on cpf via the Fenix subforum.

Good luck.............. JT

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?424835-Fenix-repairs

colight

Enlightened
This is the main reason why I am sticking to Fenix like glue! There have been some negative comments about some of their products, but I choose to stay positive towards them. Maybe I'll try other brands sometime in future, but for now I am perfectly satisfied. :D

Darryl Staw

Newly Enlightened
...Thanks for all the feedback on my inquiry about Fenix C.S. I just got off the phone with Colt at Fenix Lighting and was told that due to my LD10 being a discontinued model, parts are almost impossible to get. Some parts may be interchangeable and he will be sending me a switch from another light which may or may not work. It's certainly worth a try as far as I'm concerned. He's also sending me a code for a sizeable discount on a new flashlight from Fenix-Lighting. I don't think I could possibly expect more at this stage. I do believe Colt is a very nice gentleman and is truly trying to help me out...Thanks again for all your help...and, in the meantime, I'll keep an eye on my WTB post...LOL...:p

Darryl Staw

Newly Enlightened
...LOL...And thank you a bunch for your advice and the great welcome bykfixer...:twothumbs...:)...

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gack. I just deleted most of my post because I did not carefully read the post by Guitar Guy.
Darryl Staw, The retaining ring loosening itself is what happened to my former front-pocket EDC, a P2D. It fixed the problem the first time around. I would also echo Bykfixer's advice to hang on to it, even if it seems broken. My P2D died, but I didn't figure out what the problem was, and 2 of those 3 sub-assemblies are probably good. I would definitely suggest that you try to tighten the switch assembly retaining ring in the tailcap, if there is one, and if you have not done so already.

Last edited:

Darryl Staw

Newly Enlightened
...Thanks novice...i found out about that problem around my second battery change when the ring actually fell out...LOL...It became a common practice to check it and tighten it almost every battery change. This problem is the button on the switch has actually collapsed into the switch. It will NOT return to the up position. We'll see if Fenix provides a remedy or if a replacement must be purchased...Thanks...Darryl

Darryl Staw

Newly Enlightened
...Well the switch that Colt at Fenix Lighting promised me has arrived. Unfortunately it is about .080 (2.0mm) too large in diameter to even go into the LD10...It was a good try and Colt did what he could do but it looks like the search will go on. There may have to be a new Fenix in my future if the search goes "kaput"...:p...Thanks again everyone...:eek:...