Convoy S2+ Build Question

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
I put together a S2+ last night using a H17f driver and Nichia 219 LED on a Sinkpad. After I soldered everything up, the light isn't working with a fresh 18650.

What should I check? The solder joints are done correctly and I even tried a different LED that I had laying around. This is my first light and I'm at a lose.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put together a S2+ last night using a H17f driver and Nichia 219 LED on a Sinkpad. After I soldered everything up, the light isn't working with a fresh 18650.

What should I check? The solder joints are done correctly and I even tried a different LED that I had laying around. This is my first light and I'm at a lose.

Hey, I ran into the same issue when I first built my own Convoy S2+. There could be a lot of things going wrong, but check that the solder isn't hitting the aluminum reflector when you screw the pill in. If the solder at the LED hits the reflector, it will short the flashlight. Another thing to check is that your solder isn't hitting ground. If it hits the outside of where the LED is sitting (the pill) the light might also not function. Alternatively, it might be a switch/driver issue. Make sure that the pill is screwed in all the way too. Like I said, there's a lot of things that could be going wrong and I'm certainly not an expert.

Cobraman502

Enlightened

Remove the reflector, remove the tailcap and while the battery is sill in the light short the battery to the bare aluminum on the flashlight. This should turn on the light. If that's the case then install the reflector and short the battery again. That will point to the switch being a problem.

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
I got my light working this weekend. I had the body turned around.