My LX70 PICS!

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
Removed handle to see how it looks :)
LhWgeBD.jpg

9ZL6Kz6.jpg

For the size :)
AkPlla6.jpg

Custom fitted front bezel protector rubber :)
l9yRsYH.jpg

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
comparisons coming soon :) thanks S.H. for this awesome light!

Nativetexan

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations on the awesome light. What did you use for the rubber bezel guard/protector?

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
Thank you:cool:

Congratulations on the awesome light. What did you use for the rubber bezel guard/protector?

I bought "
Hunter Wheel Balancer 4.5" Hub Wing Nut Pressure Cup Rubber Cap / Ring
" from ebay and it fits nice and tight:naughty:
tGKqK6x.jpg

bulbmogul

Enlightened

I bought "
tGKqK6x.jpg

You are very crafty and very good at doing things like this I see..I myself have no clue..Nice looking addition to the light. This is the LEMAX that is made overseas ..?

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
You are very crafty and very good at doing things like this I see..I myself have no clue..Nice looking addition to the light. This is the LEMAX that is made overseas ..?

Thank you bulb :) and yes, its lemax lx70

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
"You are very crafty and very good at doing things like this I see..I myself have no clue..Nice looking addition to the light. This is the LEMAX that is made overseas ..?"
-----bulbmogul

There is only one LEMAX per se and it IS made "overseas" bulbmogul. I suspect you may be confusing it with the XeVision XeRay XV-LX70 HID which is well, in part, "made overseas". The differences (which I know "Dan" at XeVision pointed out in another thread) are specifically germane to the socket, bulb and, possibly in some cases, the ballast. You may wish to go to that thread for any specific clarification on those differences.

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
My poor manners...:(:( I should have first said "congrats" on the new light Djjoonie, it's a great light! When SH and I had it out this past Fall for the initial testing, we had a good time in ATTEMPTING to do some good beam shots with it but, not as good as yours! Yup, this is the exact same light you just got from SH! Small world!

The head protective device an excellent idea! With these large heads needed to house the equally large reflectors, protection is always a paramount idea. Good "show"!

bulbmogul, you may wish to get the specific link from Djjoonie so you may get one for your LEMAX L70 Superpower featured in your avatar. With an even larger head which your light possesses, the very largest currently made in the world, even more protection might seem a good idea--your choice of course! By the way, your Superpower was also "made overseas".

Karl

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
bulbmogul, you may wish to get the specific link from Djjoonie so you may get one for your LEMAX L70 Superpower featured in your avatar. With an even larger head which your light possesses, the very largest currently made in the world, even more protection might seem a good idea--your choice of course! By the way, your Superpower was also "made overseas".

Karl

I'm afraid there isn't any 10" version of this rubber piece but I'm sure there are custom rubber fabricators around to make us awesome protective end caps like surefire arc and beasts! please let us know if you've got the skills to make us one anyone!

Nativetexan

Newly Enlightened

I bought "
tGKqK6x.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing that very inventive idea. Never would have thought of using something like that but it seems to be a perfect use. THANKS AGAIN!

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice light. Thats the XeRay right? Always liked those lights built quality is just amazing.
Hard to beat the power of HID still.
I just got a BLF-GT a good LED thrower its good but I think my HID lights will still out throw it I will test it up against them soon.
I did test it against my MegaRay 175 Watt Short Arc not a fair comparison the Short Arc outperformed it by a lot.

:naughty:

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
Nice light. Thats the XeRay right? Always liked those lights built quality is just amazing.
Hard to beat the power of HID still.
I just got a BLF-GT a good LED thrower its good but I think my HID lights will still out throw it I will test it up against them soon.
I did test it against my MegaRay 175 Watt Short Arc not a fair comparison the Short Arc outperformed it by a lot.

:naughty:

Thanks Rat :) it is Lemax lx70, I think the same, HID still out performs the leds by atleast couple years IMO. but who knows the future :)

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll jump in if that's OK.

The bodies and reflectors are built in the Czech Republic. Two very similar (actually more than the two but I'll keep it simple here) lights exist with very similar designations, the LEMAX 70---the topic here and distributed by LEMAX, generally in Europe and the XeRay XV-LX70, distributed by XeVision out of Ogden, Utah, USA.

The two are virtually identical with some possible exceptions which I'll not address here. "Dan" from XeRay covered them well in another thread, possibly the one started by bulbmogul though I'm not sure. Dan offers an "upgrade" which permits end user changing of the bulb should that ever become needed. Dan also spoke of a possible increase in output to a level of 80-85 watts identified in a thread I started a week or so ago, that project having a target light named the "Ultra" though final confirmation of that name not completed.

The lights sold by LEMAX last year were offered for a one-time limited period at a discount, I believe 30%. I don't believe that offer is still valid though I doubt it.

I really don't want to go much further with this distinction since it was discussed in some greater detail by Dan at XeRay. Now, who has what I'm really not quite sure. I know bulbmogul posed the question about the LEMAX70 Superpower as I believe he has one and, I don't think anyone came forward. Some folks here tend to want not to "show their hand" of specific light ownership so to speak and remain silent. Others are proud of their individual collections and so state. Whatever floats your boat as is said.

Hope I didn't muddy the waters.....

Karl

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dan, I stand corrected! Quite honestly, that's great news! Anytime I see Made in the USA, it gives me great comfort and pride. Thanks again!

Karl