• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Is my new M2R really a used one?

moresnowdays

Newly Enlightened
So I'm relatively new to flashlight collecting, and hope I'm posting this on the right place. I just unboxed my new Olight M2R that came from Amazon today. Looks great, but I noticed that in reviews I've scene, and in the manual and on the box, you are supposed to remove the plastic insulator from the battery compartment to use it. Mine never had one. It turned on right away, then I realized I hadn't taken it out. So my question is, is this unusual? Was this one that was likely returned or refurbished? Should I just return it?

moresnowdays

Newly Enlightened
The other thing I'm noticing that is different is the gold contact spring inside the tail cap. All the reviews and pics I've seen show a gold coil spring. Mine has a flat gold circular metal piece mounted on top of a spring. Design update, or not right?

moresnowdays

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the inside of the M2t tail cap. I'm guessing the newer M2r's are going to this for commonality of parts?

Last edited:

Olightworld

Enlightened
The folks at the packing facility do miss these things from time to time. We are very careful though to keep used lights separate from new lights. If you are uneasy about it you can certainly return it for another one.