Big Leef Question

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I picked up a Big Leef about a month ago and I'm trying to get her lit. It came with a Maglite head but the threads are much smaller than a standard D Maglite thread so I'm thinking about swapping on a different head so I have some light engine options. Do you guys have any advice? Does anyone make a different head or light engine for this? I thought the Fivemega heads would work but I'm not 100% sure as there isn't much info available on these lights and the threaded section after the battery tube appears longer than other ones I have seen in pics. Thanks guys!!

k78ZHLE.jpg

UDoHQcJ.jpg

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean standard incand M*g "D" head won't fit on adapter in right side? Do you have caliper to measure thread diameter? If it is 1-3/8", Surefire "M" head will fit but if it is 1-17/32" then M*g "D" will fit.

UDoHQcJ.jpg

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I understand it there are three different head adapter options. Maglite, Surefire M and Surefire C.

The head does not thread directly to the body.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, I double checked and in fact it is a new style Maglite D thread, 1.525" close enough to 1 and 17/32" I tried a Malkoff Drop in with a 26650, but no dice. The drop in sits way too far back from the reflector. Does anyone know what light engines were in these when they came out? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone still makes a light engine for this because I'd really like to get it back up and running.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump bump. Any info is much appreciated. I'd like to get this one running. I tried a stock Mag D switch with no luck.

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a thread called called "BigLeef Systems (continued)" that might be useful. Sorry I can't link it being on a tablet.

There is some discussion towards the last few pages regarding the Maglite neck. Hope this helps.

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest contacting Martin White or Vesture of Blood about having a spacer made. That's a very unique light and it would be nice to get it working.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest contacting Martin White or Vesture of Blood about having a spacer made. That's a very unique light and it would be nice to get it working.

Thanks! I am super interested in the light as ya just don't see many. I have a lot (too many) projects going on right now but I think I will go this route at some point. I could see a spacer/heat sink with a bi-pin socket not being that difficult to make up.