Need some new lights, help please

Phaetos

Enlightened
Options for new lights

Hi,
Been away from CPF for awhile, but I'm looking for some new lights. Here's what I'm looking for:

1) EDC-able, either by pocket carry or clip-on
2) LED, not warm more towards the white end of the spectrum
3) 3 modes, lowlight, medium and a high(turbo whatever it's called now)
4) Easy to use - no complicated UI that requires 14 clicks to get from low to high
5) A momentary switch - half-press to enable the light, release it goes off
6) Rechargeable- I guess either USB or using removable batteries, ability to use standard batteries if needed
7) A good throw and beam pattern, I really dislike adjustable beam lights, they always look like crap
8) Price -Possible for less than $50 each?

Also would like some good lantern style lights and a good one that is a good flood beam for lighting up the backyard when the wife takes the dog out at night. The back of our property goes right off into the woods, then comes out at the local high school about a 1/4 mile back.

Do do I ask for too much these days or is this achievable? Thanks in advance.

Phaetos

Phaetos

Enlightened
Re: Options for new lights

Really? No suggestions with 117 views?

pc_light

Enlightened

Really? No suggestions with 117 views?
Hi Phaetos, I think the reason for the number of views and lack of recommendations may be the title of your post and perhaps the Sub-forum where you've posted this thread. Some members such as myself might have checked in on the thread thinking you were actually suggesting or discussing features/options for new flashlight design.

There is actually a "Recommend me a light" sub-forum and therein a template that lets people get a better idea of some additional parameters similar to what you've already partially provided, that would let people make more precise suggestions.

If you'd prefer to perform a more self driven search check out the most excellent "Parametric Flashlight" search website that can be used to perform your own searches based on various features you'd like and see images of actual candidates.

This may be blasphemy on a flashlight forum but I think there are actually too many choices these days. It was kind of fun back in the early CPF days when modding and tweaking were the primary options to get what you wanted. These days I feel like we're spoiled with choices.

Enjoy the search and fun choosing a new light.

pc_light

Phaetos

Enlightened

Hi Phaetos, I think the reason for the number of views and lack of recommendations may be the title of your post and perhaps the Sub-forum where you've posted this thread. Some members such as myself might have checked in on the thread thinking you were actually suggesting or discussing features/options for new flashlight design.

There is actually a "Recommend me a light" sub-forum and therein a template that lets people get a better idea of some additional parameters similar to what you've already partially provided, that would let people make more precise suggestions.

If you'd prefer to perform a more self driven search check out the most excellent "Parametric Flashlight" search website that can be used to perform your own searches based on various features you'd like and see images of actual candidates.

This may be blasphemy on a flashlight forum but I think there are actually too many choices these days. It was kind of fun back in the early CPF days when modding and tweaking were the primary options to get what you wanted. These days I feel like we're spoiled with choices.

Enjoy the search and fun choosing a new light.

pc_light

Thanks. I'll check out that site. I found the Recommendation sub forum this morning and cross posted there as well.