Quality Host for 3 LED build?

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
I just built up my first light, a Convoy S2. It's great, light is fine and functional. Fun project and I'd like to do another light. I would like a higher quality host with better heat distribution that would hold 3 LED build, a McClicky would be a nice bonus if possible. 18350 would be ideal, but 18650 is fine as an alternative.

What are my options? Doesn't seem like there are many good quality hosts that I can find.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, there are people who sell P60 drop in hosts that you can put a triple into. It would be a mule configuration.

I've purchased a few items from this fellow, easy to work with.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/45343

For the flashlight host itself, look up LightKnot on these pages. He's selling some USA made 18650 bodies in the P60 format. I bought one of the tailcaps with the McClicky already inside.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
David and I have been chatting a bit via PM. He's now leaning towards an AA/ 14500 based torch.

You can look at the Tain Flute, that's a nice torch. Just be sitting down when you look at the price :)

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
I can't even find the information on Tain, but I can imagine the price would be quite high based on what these lights sell for second hand.

Seems there isn't much to be had that is quality and in the $75-100 range.

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I found those as well. Can these be had as hosts though? Seems all I could find were already built.