Paracord wraps for mini lights - easier on the teeth

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Finally got time to ditch the black duct tape and put some cord on these. Hollowed out 550 paracord on the E15, and hollowed out 3/32" 4 strand on the E05. 100% natural hemp cord on the tails, but probably going to ditch the tails or tie something better.

Very satisfied with both lights, and the hollowed out cord flattens out nicely.

BMB77Zn.jpg
[/IMG]

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Thanks Scout. The cord is wrapped very tightly over the ends, so that it holds itself together without coming loose. There are several steps involved to achieve this, but hard to describe without a pictorial tutorial. I got the knotless wrap from a book, but there may be online tutorials available. It does take a little practice.

This is what the tucked ends look like on the underside.

Zp3nxZy.jpg
[/IMG]

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the clear poly tubing that you can get for pennies per foot at a hardware store, it rebounds, doesn't have a memory. Very durable, heat it to make it easier to stretch over the end of the light.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I'm pretty happy with how the paracord works and looks, but the tubing is a good idea to try sometime. Thanks for the tip, eh4.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty happy with how the paracord works and looks, but the tubing is a good idea to try sometime. Thanks for the tip, eh4.

You're welcome.
The tubing doesn't look as good as the para cord, but it is clear so it mostly doesn't look like anything; it doesn't stay wet, doesn't hold dirt, and doesn't dent from teeth- it rebounds.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks sharp, and there is no doubt that it works, but to my mind it makes the light a little thicker than it has to be. My solution was to get some heat shrink tubing, which comes in many colors as well as sizes, cut a piece to size, and shrink it over the light. Still makes a soft surface to bite into, and isn't as thick as the paracord. Another advantage is that it doesn't get dirty like paracord will.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried heat shrink tubing and it's great, but it breaks down, doesn't rebound... you'll end up cutting through it. Not a problem if you reapply it.

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
nice wrap!
Here's what I did to surefire titan :)
w9ckIB9.jpg

V2MtZZU.jpg

f7OU0n1.jpg

lx70 :)

EbV3900.jpg

Fenix & LX :)
like samurai sword :cool:

Latest posts