Surefire 6PX Pro emmiter question? Thanks!

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
What LED is used in the 320 lumen model? Is it a XPG?

Thanks,

Pops

PS tried doing a search, but the search function is disabled.

Last edited:

mycandle

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire 6PX Pro emmiter question?

I don't know the answer to your question, but you can search any site like this in a web browser (I'm using Chrome, I'm not sure about others):

site:www.candlepowerforums.com Surefire 6PX Pro emitter

(copy/paste the whole line above into the search window)

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know the answer to your question, but you can search any site like this in a web browser (I'm using Chrome, I'm not sure about others):

site:www.candlepowerforums.com Surefire 6PX Pro emitter

(copy/paste the whole line above into the search window)

Thanks for the help! I also went to 808's review site to see what I could find, but I guess I'll see / guess when the light arrives.

Well, so far (in the 6PX/G2X Pro thread) it looks like the 320 lumen is a Nichia neutral. Which is nice, but I was hoping for an XPG2. We'll see how it goes when I fire the light up!

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Unless SureFire tweaked it, the LED is way closer to neutral and an ordinary XPG.
It does have a nice tint that's easy on the eyes, yet very useable for those who prefer a pure white beam.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unless SureFire tweaked it, the LED is way closer to neutral and an ordinary XPG.
It does have a nice tint that's easy on the eyes, yet very useable for those who prefer a pure white beam.

Thanks, sounds good! The reason I was hoping for the XPG is for a throwier (is that a word?) beam profile.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the help! I also went to 808's review site to see what I could find, but I guess I'll see / guess when the light arrives.

Well, so far (in the 6PX/G2X Pro thread) it looks like the 320 lumen is a Nichia neutral. Which is nice, but I was hoping for an XPG2. We'll see how it goes when I fire the light up!

A Nichia in a Surefire? If that's true, I'm buying two of them tonight. Bykfixer is probably right, though. Most likely an XPG(2). Certainly a Cree.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

A Nichia in a Surefire? If that's true, I'm buying two of them tonight. Bykfixer is probably right, though. Most likely an XPG(2). Certainly a Cree.

Shoot, I shouldah marked what page the post was on in the 6PX / G2X Pro thread. Nichia is nice, got one swapped in one of my Rotary's, but I hope it is a XPG2 in this light.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

my older 320-lumen G2X Pro spot a Nichia neutral LED, doubts it's high-CRI tho... it was Cree in the 200-lumens version, not sure about the newer 600-lumen version...

YFi8kWc.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Good lookin' out RD.

Cannot speak from ownership of the 6, but my G2x Pro's have a GREAT combo of throw and spill. The 320 version was/is a great flashlight. It was the one that cured my reason for prefering a zoomie due to being good as a zoomie with a fixed beam instead.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good lookin' out RD.

Cannot speak from ownership of the 6, but my G2x Pro's have a GREAT combo of throw and spill. The 320 version was/is a great flashlight. It was the one that cured my reason for prefering a zoomie due to being good as a zoomie with a fixed beam instead.

This is what I'm hoping for in this light. The reason I'm late to the party on this one is; Amazon had a flash sale, and at the price offered, it was a no brain'er to hit the buy button. In addition, they offered one day shipping to Prime members. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again everyone, for the input and help!

bykfixer

Flashaholic

When it arrives, if you don't mind post a pic of the LED and/or inside the tailcap and the experts here can ensure you got a genuine one. It's likely you got the real deal, but unfortunately fakers have figured out that Amazons stellar reputation (vs eBay) along with their gigantic amount of sellers... that Amazon is a great place to sell fake SureFire products.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

When it arrives, if you don't mind post a pic of the LED and/or inside the tailcap and the experts here can ensure you got a genuine one. It's likely you got the real deal, but unfortunately fakers have figured out that Amazons stellar reputation (vs eBay) along with their gigantic amount of sellers... that Amazon is a great place to sell fake SureFire products.

Thanks, good idea. This one was sold by Amazon, so I hope it's the real deal. I'll get the photos posted when it arrives. It's being shipped to a drop off (at our post office) so it may be a few days. Thanks again!

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

My yellow G2x Pro came from the 'Amazon Warehouse deals', which means it was either damaged or had been "gentley used". It arrived in a ziplok baggy. lol. But it was in tip-top shape and was about 2/3 the price of a new one (that back then went for $55 and up).

Heck, you may hate it. But until I compared it side by side with a copy paper white beam of a Streamlight of that era I had not noticed how slanted the tint was towards neutral.

2zgr8r9.jpg

Teaser pic

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

NIce, thanks for the teaser pic! I'm charging my camera, so it'll be ready to go when the light arrives!

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here she is; what do you think?

JxvLb4r.jpg

lorfzng.jpg

nH5VMaB.jpg

YInNOFC.jpg

LkABcN7.jpg

ZVv2yGJ.jpg

CZeuFue.jpg

Thanks again, and really appreciate the help!

Pops

The tint one this one is on the neutral side. Even more obvious when I have it next to my P1R.

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's genuine! Cool... oops, no pun intended....

Well whutcha think?

Thanks! Nice light, great tint! Should have bought another, or two more. ... lol

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got it on sale?
Very nice catch Pops.

If I didn't already have a G2X LE, I'd still be lusting for one of those.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got it on sale?
Very nice catch Pops.

If I didn't already have a G2X LE, I'd still be lusting for one of those.

Thanks! Got real lucky on this one.