• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTT: Surefire 6p and red filter. Gone.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always like to have a Surefire 6P around the place, just in case, or to give to a (good) friend.
I bought one on Ebay last week and it seems a bit too nice to use.
I comes with the original box, warranty, instructions and something about it getting hot. It's the one with the push fit Lexan lens and there's a dimple in the tailcap.
It's in very good condition as far as I can see and has a Red Filter.
I'd like to swap it for a slightly used (something I wouldn't be embarrassed to give to a friend) 6P.
If I'm totally off the wall and if no-one wants to play, I'll start using it. It just seems a shame as it's in such good nick.
I'd also consider some Malkoff or Oveready bits or even one of those C to C 18650 bodies and heads and tails that Fivemega has on the WTS. I guess it depends what, if anything, it's worth to you.
I'm not fishing for offers, by the way. I just want a useable, quality P60 host or something else that might grab me.
Please post any ideas here or PM me.
You never know it might be fun.
Here's some pics.....

6Pa

6Pb

6Pc

6Pd

6Pe

P

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTT: Surefire 6p with red filter and extender.

Interesting, thanks

Yep, same with the early 6P-GM's, (used to own one like that), the early round body C2-BK (currently own one), and all of the Z3 Combatlights. My round body C2-BK is in the old school gloss box with the SWAT guy on the front.

There might be some very early Z2's out there like that as well, but I don't remember if I've seen one before. And the Baton Light and Shield Lights I suspect might have had this feature as well. But I don't remember. There are versions in the 90's boxes and the mid-2000's style boxes and I believe the 90's boxes would have the lexan, but the mid-2000's shield light I owned had the bezel ring with Pyrex or Borofloat high temperature glass lens.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTT: Surefire 6p and red filter.

The extender has found a new home with BrightLeaf.
I'd still like to swap the light and filter for a user, though.
P

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

The early hex bezel 6P-BK came with a press fit lexan lense along with several other lights at the time that didn't have a type III finish.

Exactly.
PK once told me that every batch made was different than the previous. As they came up with design improvements such as "replaceable lens" the next batch would get them. Often times the changes were not noticeable to the user he said.

Now at first batches were small, so the early stuff like that being discussed here are fewer and fewer seen. As time passed the batches became larger, and even larger to fulfill contracts and demand. Hence why most seen have replaceable lens ability, improved springs, coatings or just the way they were laser engraved.

Pete, if you and I were on the same side of the big pond I'd trade in a heartbeat. I don't have a beater in that version, but I'd nick one and call it that. lol

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just sold the thing on Ebay for about 45 bucks, in case you're interested in value.
I'll keep my eyes open for a user.
Thanks for all the posts.
P