Faulty JDY IC99 Charger

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is basically a warning to check if your charge is faulty or not.

There was no protective clear tape on the lcd, so i was not certain if i have been given a return, I always leave it on to protect the screen.

The JDY IC99 looks like an Opus 3100, but it can also charge ni-zn and ram and lifepo4 battery`s by selecting them though the menu.

My problem was the fan would not come on when discharging NiMh battery`s but it would come on when discharging Li-ion battery`s

Example you insert a couple of Eneloop AA 2000mah and select discharge at say 900ma the maximum is 1000ma, the battery starts to discharge showing the discharge rate at 900ma, but within seconds it drops to approx 850ma, then 800ma, the 750ma the fan is silent, the charger cannot maintain the 900ma discharge rate as it is overheating because the fan is not turning i suspect.

Li-Ion battery`s discharge is no problem even with an small RC123A the fan starts within seconds.

Anyway below is the charger in question.

John.

8cKhb4N.jpg

Last edited:

fmc1

Enlightened
Thank you for posting that info. I was very close to buying one of these a few weeks ago but held off. I thought it's about the same price as the Opus BT-C3100 but offers more functionality. Adjustable target voltage, target current and cut voltage were the ones that could be very useful for me. It also seems small enough to travel with. I guess I just have to keep looking.

Frank

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
It`s on it`s way back to Amazon as we speak.

It`s not the easiest of chargers to configure, you need a good memory for all the settings.

I even scanned the manual to PDF as i could not find one to download and i did not want to mess up the original.

John.