• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lets See Your Sapphire

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
Show me your Sapphire. I just contacted Don about getting one of these. Would like to see how they patina over time. Also like to see how people carry them, currently contemplating just putting on keyring or using a lanyard to carry separate.

Also, what battery have you been using?

nbp

Flashaholic
One of my most prized lights is my rare Sapphire Mule HI CRI. I think Don made only a handful of them. There's a cool thread around here somewhere about that tiny run. Makes the most beautiful low output flood beam!

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
Had mine on my car keys for about 6 years, from memory. Looks to be wearing well.

Vemice

Enlightened
Just got this. My first one.
hMe6mNL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ie1a5HL.jpg[
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/x2u04WN.jpg

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
No idea how to post a pic to this forum

To answer one of your questions, I use Energizer "Ultimate lithium" AAA batteries. Last for ages and no leak risk as you get with alkaline (AFAIK)

nbp

Flashaholic
I kept forgetting to post this - my Sapphire Mule. A rare bird indeed!

IMG_5263_zps96l4zhl7.jpg

IMG_5262_zpshvvrucwj.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
To be honest, I very rarely carry this particular light, as its rarity makes me worry about losing it. Don has stated he will not make more than the 20
In existence. I have been just recently thinking about whether I should get another Sapphire, perhaps the cool Hi CRI emitter, for general use and abuse. They are So pretty and feel great in hand. Or do I fish a fresh E01 out of my bugout bag and shove it in my pocket? It doesn't provide the same pride of use and ownership, but at $12 I'm not too worried if I lose one. :sigh: