D Cell rechargeable battery source

straightShot

Newly Enlightened
Where would one find a reputable source for D cell rechargeable batteries? I'm looking for a quantity of 2 to 4 D size batteries for a minnow bucket aerator. I've switched over everything else to AA and AAA NiMH and Lithium-Ion batteries, but I've never purchased size D rechargeables. Now, I have a need for D cells once again. I have a D cell adapter for my OPUS BT-C2000, so I'm set for being able to recharge them and I just need a source of good batteries.

Thanks!

parametrek

Enlightened
The Tenergy Centura D Cells are alright. Be aware they cost like $7 each and are only rated for 500 cycles. Lots of places sell them and I've never gotten fake Tenergy cells from Amazon.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I just got some called Ray Hom. 6 for $29.99. I don't know a lot about them, but they got good reviews and were a good price. 10,000mAh.

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Another option you might consider seeing that you already have AA Nimh batteries would be 3AA to 1D cell adapters in parallel.
I grabbed an 8 pack of adapters on Amazon for $10 bucks and use Eneloop pro in them. And I don't have to wonder what's inside some Nimh D cell.

SweD

Newly Enlightened
Where would one find a reputable source for D cell rechargeable batteries? I'm looking for a quantity of 2 to 4 D size batteries for a minnow bucket aerator. I've switched over everything else to AA and AAA NiMH and Lithium-Ion batteries, but I've never purchased size D rechargeables. Now, I have a need for D cells once again. I have a D cell adapter for my OPUS BT-C2000, so I'm set for being able to recharge them and I just need a source of good batteries.

Thanks!

Reputable or not, don't know, but I've always used cells from Maha, and their Powerex line. I have nothing but good to say about them. I use D-cells from them in my old 3D candescent Maglite, works fine. Might be others that are better, who knows, but if it works it works, and I haven't looked further.

/Dennis

apagogeas

Enlightened
Just for reference, LIDL also has C & D cells every so often and quite cheap. I haven't used them however.