• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sirius - Brightest in The Sky

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Over the years I have built quite a few lights that takes all the passion inside me. Some are just simple single pencil beam throwers while others a bit more complicated. X65vn100 Mule and the Solis above are a couple of recent efforts that demands all the resources that are currently available. Richard's development of Scylla opens the doors to more extreme ideas than we ever thought possible. There were many trial and even error but we are still here. He often jokingly say my lights and its demands keeps him from doing the boring repetitive things that must be done to pay the bills. I too have to do very repetitive things to pay the bill. Sometimes things get overwhelming and to do it all. Business, accounting, marketing, networking, customer support, research and development, and many nights of just sleeping on it. Richard said on average 1 out of every 10 nights he would lose serious sleep. My stats are right about the same. So once in a while we got to do something revolutionary if not at least evolutionary to keep it burning. The burning that kept Richard from practicing law and me from transportation engineering.

Welcome Sirius ;-) "The brightest star in Earth's Night Sky"

Here are the Goals:
  • 18 Quads that are individually screwed down - Excellent heat sinking and easy future maintenance and upgrades
  • 72 XHP35 HI total - Performance to double XPL HI variance
  • Will use Manker E14 Copper boards and Optics - Excellent throw, beam quality and center retention screws
  • Scylla with direct mount copper cooling - First attempt of direct mount copper cooling ever on a circuit
  • UI? - We will see ;-)
  • 4*18650 Shorty version with reduced output is an option
  • X65vn100 makes 100,000 Lumen but little throw, Soilis makes 400Kcd but 35,000 Lumen is too tamed by today's standards - Sirius to outdo both?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
WOW just WOW, to your never ending innovation and devotion, not just pushing boundaries, but destroying them. :rock:

Looking forward to it.

I once had a Dog named Sirius. He was very Bright! GSD/Malamute/Husky mix.

I would show him "Canis Major" and sometimes he would howl!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
WOW just WOW, to your never ending innovation and devotion, not just pushing boundaries, but destroying them. :rock:

Its crazy I have known you when your kids were tiny and now they are so big. You are one of the few that stuck around the entire time since we really got started almost. Lets see where this one takes us!

ven

Flashaholic
Its crazy I have known you when your kids were tiny and now they are so big. You are one of the few that stuck around the entire time since we really got started almost. Lets see where this one takes us!

It is crazy Vinh, time does fly for sure............................

Its been a pleasure, unfortunately i cant keep up , but enjoy reading/pics of your crazy creations. :cool:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
It is crazy Vinh, time does fly for sure............................

Its been a pleasure, unfortunately i cant keep up , but enjoy reading/pics of your crazy creations. :cool:

Belive me I cant keep up sometimes too...But I am just glad we are all here for the ride.