Far throwing edc

danak1000

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a single 18650 light with 800+ lumens that has extreme beam distance. Im looking for a light to be bigger than a emisar D4, no taller than 5.5 in. I dont care about switch type or color temper. just as long as it punches out there. I dont know every thing that's out there some input would be greatly appreciated.
(for give me if im posting wrong im very new to this)

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little more information might fetch some good recommendations. What size do you consider to be feasible for everyday carry? How far would you like to be able to see? What sort of battery do you prefer? Any preferences as far as user interface? How much are you willing to spend?

danak1000

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a single 18650 light with 800+ lumens that has extreme beam distance. Im looking for a light to be bigger than a emisar D4, no taller than 5.5 in. I dont care about switch type or color temper. just as long as it punches out there. I dont know every thing that's out there some input would be greatly appreciated.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your original post said that you wanted an edc type light. The challenge is that throw is usually achieved with a wider, deeper reflector. As a result, the best throwing flashlights have large bezels unsuitable for pocket carry. Some lights use TIR optics to create a narrow beam pattern, which can mitigate the form factor somewhat. Still, the general rule is that more throw requires a larger flashlight.

You mentioned Emisar. How about the D1? It's larger than the D4, but still relatively pocket friendly. At 43,000 cd, it will throw like a champion. Compare the D1S to illustrate the point about the size of the reflector.

psumo

Newly Enlightened

Emisar d1 or d1s

danak1000

Newly Enlightened
Thats funny i just bought those and was wondering if i made a poor purchase (i guess not) and if there are any better lights out there.

danak1000

Newly Enlightened
are there any lights you recomend that have TIR optics? i only have one light with TIR optics.

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
I own the Emisar D1S and bought one for a friend. I've never been more satisfied with a purchase.

I got in a wreck. A Ukrainian guy that was a friend of my father in ln law, fixed my car, for an insanely good price. I bought him one as a gift. He was like an excited kid, pointing it at distant trees, different objects. Far off in the distance, by a Cal-Fire air Base(I swear it had to be like 1600+ feet away), were some trees. I knew he was gonna try and point the light over there, I felt it. I cringed because I thought for sure it wouldn't throw that far. By God it lit those damn trees up, lol. He sat there saying, "woweee, nobody here has diss, I'm serious nobody!" in a thick Ukrainian ascent and a huge grin.

In short: Killer purchase. Especially for the price.

Last edited:

danak1000

Newly Enlightened
I own the Emisar D1S and bought one for a friend. I've never been more satisfied with a purchase.

I got in a wreck. A Ukrainian guy that was a friend of my father in ln law, fixed my car, for an insanely good price.

In short: Killer purchase. Especially for the price.

mine comes in 2 days and can't wait. After hearing how much you like it makes me want it even more, I just bought some more Q-30 in preparation.I don't make very much money and hearing you praise it so much gives me a lot of reassurance. :)

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emisar d1 or d1s

I just got my '3A' grey D1S Tuesday and took it out to the lake and had a go with it.

With a lot of light pollution around the perimeter, I was still able to see out to Costco 500 yds. away and I lit up the sides of a long building pretty well for my eyes, at about 250-300 yds.

I have the D4 and have carried that at work, but I don't think I'd want to EDC the D1S, still, it is a laser beam in a smallish package.

For $40 shipped, it's an easy choice, even if you don't EDC it all day.

Chris

danak1000

Newly Enlightened
does anyone know how the emisar d1s compare to the acebeam ec 60? other than price whats the difference in throw?

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anyone know how the emisar d1s compare to the acebeam ec 60? other than price whats the difference in throw?

The calculation on the beam distance of the Emisar D1S is 703m, for your Acebeam, 603m. I couldn't see that far with the existing light pollution, what 703m looks like out in a darkened field.

Inside diameter for the D1S is 42mm, which is better than the outside 40mm of the AB EC60, so the reflector might just be bigger on the D1S.

One runs on a 18650, or an 18350 w/D4 tube, one runs on a 26650.

One's three times the price, as you've noticed.

Chris